Eurocom Tornado F5/Eurocom Tornado F7 with 6-core Coffee lake cpus?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by sicily428, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I’m sure we will see a lot very angry Z370 owners if they can’t upgrade when Intel start push out Z390 + 8 core cpu’s within 9 months after Z370. If Intel is this stupid, they will only see a lot more current and future customers move directly to AMD. What we seeing now with increased market shares for Amd, will be a weak storm vs. what’s coming.

ole!!! and sicily428 like this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Intel has already been that stupid with the z270 7700k to z370 8700k transition.

The current z370 chipset is a quickie to tide Intel over until the real / original Coffee Lake scheduled release in 2H18.

Of course Intel are going to screw up again and leave the z370 owners hanging, it's already been said to be so.

The 8 core CPU won't work in the z370, only in the z390. z370 is for the 8xxx CPU's only; the 7xxx CPU's are to remain on z270, with no path forward.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    sicily428 likes this.
  3. Papusan

Reputations:
    This is more as expected (3 cpu upgrades on same socket, are utopia and all should expext/know it stopped after Kaby). I'm more curious about what's happening with the Z370 and upgrade opportunity when the Z390 comes in 2H18. Only better performance + high possibilities for higher oc' vs. Amd's chips (for same amount cores) will still hold live in Intel.

sicily428 likes this.
  4. hmscott

Reputations:
    You really should read your own posts :)

You posted that the 8700k should work in the z270 motherboards, and only fails post at the VGA stage. The 8700k is Kabylake based silicon, a simple rehash of the current generation CPU's, put in Coffee Lake (Tea Lake?) fittings, yet it doesn't work at all.

If Intel intended the "real" Coffee Lake (Iced Coffee Lake) to work in the z370, Intel wouldn't announce the z390 to be required for it, now would they?

z390 won't support Coffelake #1 (Tea Lake), and z370 won't support Coffee Lake #2 (Iced Coffee Lake), as that wouldn't fit Intel's mess up scenerio.

Intel may likely carry this forward for a few more generations beyond 2H18 as well, I wouldn't count on Intel getting their act together again for a few years forward from now.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  5. Papusan

Reputations:
    Have never said 8700k should/will work in Z270 motherboards. Where is this stated? :rolleyes: Haave always stated that (3 cpu upgrades on same socket, are utopia) I'm sure you are capable of understanding why Z370 coming first!! Then Z390 short time after.

6. hmscott

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...99-xeon-vs-epyc.805695/page-162#post-10605252

""According to some board partners the extra pins used on Z370 are merely supported voltage pahs. Ergo, (but not confirmed) perhapsvice versa Coffee lake could have been supported on Z270 as well. But this last bit remains speculation of course. But the reality is, that other processors than Coffee Lake on LGA1151 could have been supported on Z370, yet Intel simply will not allow board partners to support them.""

7. Papusan

Reputations:
    And this is my own words?:rolleyes:

8. hmscott

Reputations:
    You posted it. :)

That's why I said you should read your own posts... which means "pay attention to what you are posting", get it? :)

9. Papusan

Reputations:
    Oh well. This means we shouldn't post from any web sites.. If you do, then will this be used against you... Aka this mean it's your own words you posts. Oh'well, hmscott.
    upload_2017-9-24_9-17-0.png

10. hmscott

Reputations:
    You are repeating the same thing you posted, and what I already said.

Your personal comments were disregarding all this, and is why I said you should pay attention to what you are posting, as it's not the same as what you are saying.

If you disagree with what is said, then say it in your post, don't just post a quote without comments, as we will take it that you agree with what is said in them.

That's what my point is, either don't post what you don't agree with, or comment on it so we know where you stand. As when you contradict either what you posted or what you said later, it's going to bring up questions.

I still don't know what you believe and how it differs from what you are posting.

You keep posting things that support the fact that Intel won't support z370 CPU's in z270 and z390, and therefore z390 CPU's in z270/z370, but I am guessing that you will pop up with additional personal comments later contradicting that once again, trying to defend Intel and it's actions. :)