Eurocom Tornado F5/Eurocom Tornado F7 with 6-core Coffee lake cpus?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by sicily428, Apr 26, 2017.

1. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    yeah thats it ! MSI WT75, thank you

2. Ghost 350

Ghost 350 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Only a full HD 120hz screen? Same display as the MSI GT75? I was hoping for a 1080p/144hz display. And hopefully they come out with a 1440p/144hz display since let's face it, if this thing comes with RTX cards, it will easily push 120hz 1080p.

3. Ghost 350

Ghost 350 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    One 2.5 inch drive bay is below the triple m.2 slots. The other is on the left of it. Looks like they used the space for the second GPU in the GT75 chassis for the hard drive. I wonder if this thing will only be available as a single GPU system. Because I don't see where a second GPU would fit with that second hard drive there. Or they might offer a SLI system with one hard drive and a single GPU with dual hard drives. Interesting.

4. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    it wont have 2nd gpu, that laptop wont have to capability to cool off 2 desktop class GPU while trying to cool off 6 or 8 cores on the CPU.

Papusan likes this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    The Eurocom F7 Tornado will even get worse GPU cooling capability than what you will get in the BGA GT75 chassis. @Falkentyne :rolleyes:
    upload_2018-11-14_4-5-23.png

ole!!! and Falkentyne like this.
  6. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    they could easily make a new laptop, or better yet make a new mobo for existing GT83 Titan chassis. total of 4 fans, 2 large fans for partial CPUs and mostly GPUs, 2 small fans for CPU. honestly have no idea why they dont do that, they had to redesign motherboard + heatsink anyway so why didn't they choose the 18" version.

@Falkentyne and phoenix w/e he changed his name to, I would be all over that than this half ass design, even with a 1080p 18" panel.

7. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
  8. Rice.Ninja

Rice.Ninja Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OK. so Eurocom's site is confusing me about the F7.

So what chipset is this using? C246 or Zxxx? Has Intel blurred the lines between their server chipsets and CPUs again? as I thought xeons used the Cxxx chipset and Core-i series used Zxxx on the high-end. But its available with both Xeon and core-i CPUs. And to make it more confusing, Eurocom is only offering ECC memory, which I thought Intel locked support to their Cxxx chipset and Xeons (and some low end stuff like i3s).

Also, MSI seems to have a tight hold on this for being a whitebook. I guess its more like a straight rebrand since no other sellers are selling any other configuration other than the same workstation models tied to quardo cards. More people would definitely buy this with GTX cards even with Turing mobile possibly around the corner.

I wonder if Eurocom will sell one without a GPU and then just buy an MSI GPU separately and hope its plug and play.

9. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
  10. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    sicily428 likes this.