Eurocom Tornado F5/Eurocom Tornado F7 with 6-core Coffee lake cpus?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by sicily428, Apr 26, 2017.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Read the article, you are thinking about the previous work around that used "stubs" of code that effectively removed the higher level functions of ME, this Disable bit completely stops ME from loading and running further:

"The researchers discovered an undocumented field called “reserve-hap” and that HAP could be set to “1” for true. Apparently, the NSA wanted to ensure the agency could close off any possible security risk by disabling Intel ME. The researchers wrote, “We believe that this mechanism is designed to meet a typical requirement of government agencies, which want to reduce the possibility of side-channel leaks.”"
    If there are no better CPU's to upgrade to, then there is no upgradability, whether the customer wants it or not, the 8700k being a great example.

Just when there actually is a validation of the whole LGA upgradeability, Intel steps in and craps all over our dreams.

"Screw Intel", Long Live any Alternative's to Intel, which for now is AMD.

pressing likes this.
  2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I understood it, I was emphasizing the importance of management engine because of its functions. Even in the end the article says the use of tool can destroy your system = brick. However, I think it's less of concern for non vPro systems and systems that are behind proxy/firewall because if we were going to be hacked we could have done that ourselves by exercising risky behaviors on our systems. :)

hmscott likes this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Disabling any intrusion vector is the responsibility of every system administrator, to ignore such gaping holes in access is to fail at your job to protect the systems under your care.

Corporate access for control is fine, the inability to disable open access to anyone that has the technique for access is criminal.

The Intel ME remote access vector is a criminal act of negligence on the part of Intel, again.

You can ignore it if you like. :)

Here's a huggy bear to make it all better...
    81p38nVZpFL._SL1500_.jpg
    huggy-bear3.jpg

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  4. Nomad

Nomad Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Please bring USB ports on the left side of the notebook + the 120Hz screen panel on the F7 model :)

hmscott likes this.
  5. Nomad

Nomad Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Plus I forgot these for the F7 with Z390 chipset:

A different keyboard, similar to the Alienware 17 R1, GT75VR or better. Normal subtle white backlit is enough, no MSI "Silver Lining Print", it's not necessary plus is disgusting; please!
    •Add 1 tiny simple USB 2.0 or 3.0 at the back of I/O for Mice connection only, kind of like some Dell makes sometimes. Amazingly convenient (hate cables in my sight/messy hands)
    •Add to the back cooling exits, some side grills, you do the test but we all assume might help with cooling. Don't care if weight increases because of the adding of some more copper.
    •Audio headphones jacks are in perfect position, please leave them there.
    •Keep left palm rest as cool/fresh as possible
    Make the 2.5" drive bay 15mm height compatible. (edited)

Already mentioned:
    •Move the 3 USB 3.0 interfaces to the left (We're not in 2009 anymore, please!), with some sort of internal daughter board.
    •Use the Innolux/ChiMei N173HHE-G32 8bit 120Hz/5ms or 3ms TN screen panel, with light anti glare, or better.

Come with all this and myself (and many others I assume) we'll be your F7 ambassadors for life to spread the word, not only here in NR, but everywhere how the F7 is to be the Ultimate Portable System for the New Nomad Lifestyle :)

PS: I know this one is a no-go because you use and already approved/design matrix.. but if dreaming move away from plastic and use a better quality magnesium alloy/aluminum shell, with dark/gray shades. EG: Alienware 17 R1 or old 2012 Samsung Series 7 np700z7c kind of look and materials feel.
    Ps2: Please Eurocom pull all these so I don't have to move and build a mini-ITX system... :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    hmscott likes this.
  6. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    add a few, pls add
    - iGPU support MUX
    - at least 3x M.2 slots and 2x to 4x SATA 2.5" slots for 17"
    - if one of 2.5" is gonna be 15mm, make the sata power cable 12v (need to contact MSI/clevo for this)
    - a CPU heatsink cooled by 2 dedicated fans (a big must)

Nomad likes this.
  7. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    @Eurocom Support
    is there an upgraded bios for making i7-8700 compatible with this 16L13?

8. Eurocom Support

Eurocom Support Company Representative

Reputations:
    No plans for now to update BIOS in order to support 8700 series CPUs. According to Intel POR specs Z170 doesn't support 8700 so their may be some issues with certain functions like audio or drivers. We are planning to launch Tornado F7 with Z390 or C246 chipset and support both 8th and 9th gen of CPUs. Meantime our BIOS Team is checking if we can support 8700 in Tornado F5 with some limitations.

FTW_260, Nomad, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  9. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    have a look a this thread
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/coffee-lake-bios-updates-p751dm2-g.814350/

there is a new modded bios for a clevo p751dm2-g, and coffee lake 6-cores cpus are now compatible

10. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Will this be the chassis for F7?https://www.notebookcheck.net/Recommended-Gaming-Notebooks-with-8th-Gen-Intel-CPUs.295836.0.html

[​IMG]