ESET NOD32 / Internet Security Discussion

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by Phoenix, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Post by Aryeh Goretsky at the ESET forum:
    https://forum.eset.com/topic/14274-esets-response-to-meltdown-and-spectre-cpu-vulnerabilities/

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    and you'd listen to these commercial magazines when the best they could tell you as a positive is "Drag-and-drop file scanning feature"? :rolleyes: Yeah what about lightweight? Live Grid? HIPS? the only AV which has PUP detections in addition to Emsisoft Anti-Malware? What about it's superb HTTP Scanner? :eek::rolleyes:

This should be enough for me:

[​IMG]

PS: @Papusan
    I noticed you are running Windows Pretender on your taptop :eek: It is eating your CPU cycles slowly like this....... [​IMG]

Don't believe me? launch Autoruns, then type defender in the filter and see how many processes and tasks are running just to have this heavy AV work even half decently

Oh and did you know that Windows Defender has a long time bug where it would keep scanning the same files over and over again even if they didn't chance? Take for example my Software folder which has many custom icons for every folder within it. If I have Windows Pretender enabled, that folder and its icons would load in slow motion and the icons would appear one by one because Windows Defender is scanning it everytime I open it, it has no brains dude. It doesn't know what's the meaning of File Whitelisting. Like ESET whitelists all your files after you scan the entire system which is recommended to do once you install it, then those files won't be rescanned unless their hashes change :eek:

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Pretender has them as well but it isn't advertised. That bug still exists on Insider release 17xxx. Told them several times and my throat's dry and now it made me senile.
    You need to do a full system scan once a month for WD not to cause unnecessary stutters. I found it as a workaround. After that WD on my older PCs with HDD only 5400 rpm still feels like I'm not running AV at all. Same thing with USB drives once you full scan the usb drives the device metadata will be present in Windows so it will not slowdown ever again.

7. Maggie12

Maggie12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My ESET Antivirus shows v11.0.159.0 but the program says it's up to date. Should I install the .5 version from the link, just wondering.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Nope.

Here is an ESET Moderator's comment about the .5 update changelog:

The AV components/modules are auto updated anyway so that makes the versions the same with the difference that the .5 version is up to date out of the box. you know, good for installing on a fresh Windows install.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Vasudev likes this.
  9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Are the ESET activation servers down? I can't get either of my NOD32 license keys to activate.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    As Marcos replied to you, they should be back now.