ESET NOD32 / Internet Security Discussion

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by Ultra Male, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Every company wants PooPooSan's Data. Maybe even if you go to eat from KFC they will put some telemetry sauce with your chicken :eek::rolleyes:

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Do you have 7 PCs with different AVs OR ~1-3PCs with tons of AVs?
    You have ESET, Norton and what not!?

3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    only 1 taptop and a few licenses.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Papusan was lucky and newer trend will push that idea of using Telemetrics to determine how much salt or pepper or spice you need after frequent visits as opposed to earlier, people used common sense to make the taste just right for everybody!

Papusan likes this.
  5. Vasudev

Reputations:
    So, what happens to those licenses when you don't use them?
    Which AV do you recommend? I'm thinking of Syshardener and Defender in Max containment mode for my sister's laptop. I tried Kaspersky and it was blocking my custom scripts so I switched to WD with updated engine which is lighter and faster.

6. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Nothing happens, the license validity remains and will expire on the set date when I purchased the license.

My recommendations are as follows:

1) Norton Antivirus Basic, a simple and light AV with no bloatware and offers superb protection as it has an HTTP scanner but unlike NOD32's HTTP scanner which makes my VPN super slow, this one doesn't slow down my VPN or browsing at all.

2) Avast Antivirus only with a custom install

I stopped recommending NOD32 Antivirus lately although it is one of the best due to its HTTP scanner ruining my web browsing experience and causing issues with VPNs and secondly, it does not respect the exclusions I put in it properly. Like I would exclude a folder but if it detects a virus or false positive in my case, it will still bring up a warning to quarantine, or fix it then I have to say ignore and exclude from signature detection. Not the biggest deal but I don't like the fact that it's not respecting what I specifically told it not to scan.,

As you know I only use Antivirus not Internet Security Suites but if one wants an Internet Security Suite, then Vipre Advance Security is my recommendation.

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Avast is Malware whatever you put it as custom or not (free or paid). None should support Trash company!!! Only reason people still have to run Windows Malware OS is is the compatibility with most things. If we had a better alternative... Windoze 10 from Redmond Retards would go righ in the trash can as well. As you know.. Malware isn't welcome on any persons computers.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Vasudev and slimmolG like this.
  8. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I didn't get notification at all! Sorry!
    I won't install Avast. I'll try Norton. Are you sure it'll not block custom scripts when she's programming? I believe she managed to skew the ICC watchdog timings. So, I had to reprogram the SPI since MEI was bricked.