ENVY 15-kXXX / ENVY 15-qXXX / ENVY 17-kXXX Notebooks (2014)

Discussion in 'HP' started by T2050, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Update to he thread with some news, I have sourced the parts list and looked at the part number, pretty much 95% sure the 15-q model is rehashed 15-j

Many or most of the same 15-j parts are being reused in the new 15-q model, such as the entire lid assembly on the touch model which means it uses the same horrible panel, both in the HD and FHD model.

If you are holding out hope for resign, this is not going to be it. There will be some light cosmetic differences, like revised keyboard colour with blue backlight and the fake speaker grills along the back will be a bit longer

Confirmed hardware from parts list from the HP Envy 15-q005TX:

i7-4702HQ must be paired with 850M
    Intel HM87 chipset motherboard (BGA mounted processor)
    15-j based HD and FHD panel with touch screen
    Intel 3160 ac 1x1 wireless
    Revised top cover, same design although
    Silver colour keys keyboard with blue backlit

Other old carry over misc. parts from 15-j model or older
    keyboard back plate
    dummy weights (touch screen model)
    AC power adaptor 4.5 including plug 120W
    Power button
    Battery 62Wh
    Service Covers
    Cooling Fan
    Subwoofer

The enclosure and the base have different part numbers (or newer). The enclosure will likely be the same as the 15-j, just the extended small pin hole design (speaker grill effect), and the base will need to bolt up to the enclosure slightly different, as the motherboard has changed revision although still is the same chipset. Few things come to mind, most likely the mount position of the BGA processor and the new touchpad that HP will use on the 15-q which is the same touchpad that is currently on the TouchSmart 13 (2013)

Finally this:

Here is the parts page where everything you can spec on the CTO edition, which is what everyone in the US typically gets. Looks like a mix of 740M and 840M, bad news no 850M listed for US. Although there is a 740M PRO and 840M PRO motherboard listed, these may have full ROPS with 128bit memory bus as the is a 750M heat sink listed in the parts?

Anything that is labelled 720000 is pretty much from the 15-j, give it a little bit older or newer, basically all old stuff

Anything that is labelled 760000 is new parts for the 15-q

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?type=PROD&SearchText=F5G56AV

2. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Great news for anyone buying the pre-built model.

All models list so far (even the lower end spec models) feature the 850M and a i7-4702HQ processor, right through the 15-Q001TX ,02 ,03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, and finally 15-Q011TX

Which really make this a no brainer purchase for the GPU and also the CPU, both are excellent. On the GPU is new Maxwell, and the CPU is only 37W TPD which stays fairly cool when under load.

Not only is the lowest base pre-built model going to have the 850M and a low TDP quad, it is also has the same display panel ribbon cable which is a unified part. Which mean just replace the crap HD panel with a nice FHD panel of your choice e.g. FHD IPS.

MOTHERBOARD DSC 850M 4GB i7-4702HQ HM87 STD

And now for some pictures of the HP Envy 15-Q001TX which confirm my suspicions all along:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Some more info on the HP Envy 15-Q002TX

HP official http://www8.hp.com/th/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=7144241#!tab=features

Buy HP ENVY 15-q002TX Silver Int Core i7-4712HQ/16GB DDR3/1TB/15.6" Touch/GeForce GTX850M/Win 8.1 - invadeit.co.th

Specifications:

CPU Intel Core i7-4712HQ (2.3GHz, SC turbo up to 3.3GHz), 1600MHz/6MB L3, Quad 37W, 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor (Haswell H, 2-chip BGA)

Chipset Intel® HM87 Express Chipset (C-2 step)

RAM 16384MB (8192MB x 2), Two SODIMM slots - customer accessible / upgradeable, DDR3L-1600MHz Dual Channel Support, Support up to 16GB max system memory

Graphics Nvidia N15P-GT (GTX 850M) with 4GB of dedicated video memory (256Mx16 DDR3L 1GHz x 8 pcs, 1GHz bridge to 900MHz), Support HD Decode, DX11, and HDMI , Support Optimus, Support GPS (GPU Performance Scaling)

Hard Drive 1TB (5400) + 8GB NAND Hybrid HDD 9.5mm, Hybrid HDD configurations (port1 for DIS SKU & port0 for UMA SKU), , Accelerometer / HDD protection support

Optical Drive 9.5mm tray load - SATA - External USB ODD (Aluminium material), DVD+/-RW DL SuperMulti

Display 15.6" FHD WLED Anti-Glare (1920x1080) (slim 3.2mm) SVA, Color Gamut 60%, 16:9 Aspect Ratio, 300 nits, Touch solution with flush glass, multitouch enabled, Support LVDS (co-layout with eDP1.3+PSR)

Communication Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter, Intel WiDi support, Compatible with Miracast -certified devices, Integrated 10/100/1000 NIC

Webcam "HP TrueVision HD: HD camera - Fixed (no tilt) + activity LED, 1PC, USB 2.0, M-JPEG, 1280x720 by 30 frames per second , Dual array Digital Microphones w/ appropriate software - beam forming, echo cancellation, noise suppresion, Support Voice Recognition"

Other port HDMI v1.4 supporting: up to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, Audio ports on Unit: - Support jack detection , 1x Headphone-out/mic-in combo jack (stereo), USB3.0x2, USB2.0x2,RJ-45 / Ethernet, AC Smart Pin adapter plug

OS Windows 8.1 Standard (64 bit)

Battery 6-Cell battery - 47Whr (2.2Ah); Support Fast Charge: Up to 90% charged in 90 min.Target Battery Life UMA 5.6 hrs / Disc 4.9hrs, AC Adapters: 120W (4.5mm connector)

Card Reader HP Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader, support SD/SDHC/SDXC, Push-Push Insertion/Removal Sound Beats Audio, Quad Speakers, Subwoofer

4. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  5. E90dima

E90dima Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    nice finds. Any idea for a release date in the US?

6. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  7. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you are wondering is the display panel is going to be upgraded and changed internally, its not looking good.

With the data gathered from HP part numbers, and the video from the Discover HP event of the new HP m6 for 2014, which is pretty much identical to the 15-qxxx, I can see after pausing the video near the end, on the prototype sticker the have part details listed, the panel used is 15.6 FHD flat SVA CMI
    What does this mean you might ask, it means HP are using Chimei panel that was used in last years 15-j, which has really poor at viewing angles and contrast, not only that suffers from vertical banding which looks teribble.

If I am correct with this, then expect the same Chimei panel in the touch version from this review I created last year.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-...rt-15-j000-amd-a10-5750m-richland-review.html

I am becoming less inspired at this stage for the 15-qxxx. Really only new good things to look forwards to is the new touchpad, new 850M graphics, VT-d feature in the processor if actually is HQ model (this particular feature has little value to 99% of people in this segment of the market).

The 15-kxxx models are somewhat interesting, although ultra low voltage dual core processors don't really do it for me in most of the models.
    There is a quad version although no discrete graphics with these due to TDP, heatsink capibilty, and battery size.
    Plus is the 15-k seem to more of a different model, rather than a clone the 15-q is turning out to be.

8. hquser

hquser Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I literally hate the way Hp envy K-XXXX series looks like, really ugly and most importantly they have included ULV CPUs.
    I can't believe at such high price they're offering ULV cpus :(((.
    Also I noticed they discontinued the older envy 15 quad edition laptops.
    I can't really understand HP's tactics right now...

9. necrophyte

necrophyte Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    same here.

im still on my 1st gen envy 17 3D, and not a single hp notebook would be suitable as its successor atm.. id love to get an envy 17-3200 if they were available, more than any newer model bay far. these are envy branded pavillion crapbooks, nothing else.
    im thinking about getting back to the workstations, especially zbook 17, if the drivers can be modified to act as geforce/radeon drivers with the quadro/firepro gpus, since there is no 17" elitebook anymore (870 with adequate gpu would be great, ie. better gpu than the 850 has).
    performance (REAL high-end cpus & gpus), quality, support, durability, thunderbolt, forcepad... everything the complete HP consumer line lacks of totally.

ill wait for the next elitebook/zbook refresh, and if there is no acceptable configuration for me, i'm away from HP after more than 10 years of trust.

10. mEatWad

mEatWad Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Looking to buy the new 15t 2014 model here in the u.s . But seems u can only pair a dual core with the nvidia 850m. Otherwise with the quad core , u can't configure with discrete graphics, only integrated. Comes down to $800 . But wanna wait till July 4 when the sales kick in. Also stuck between this and the Lenovo y510 with Intel 4700 and nvidia 755 graphics. Costs $80 more. Which would u think is better. I don't game much now but wanna leave that option open :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.