Envy 15 IPS Red vs. Orange tally

Discussion in 'HP' started by Lvivkse, Jan 4, 2012.

?

Colors like red

1. My display can reproduce red (and violet)

27 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. My reds look to orange (and violet looks blue)

96 vote(s)
    40.3%
  3. I don't have one and just want to vote because it's fun

115 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timjuliani

timjuliani Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Agree, that looks red, as do the other photos that show the Beats audio equalizer. I wish mine looked that red...

2. Ramadoss29

Ramadoss29 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just got my Envy and I soon as I logged on to cnn.com, I could immediately notice the red banner appearing very "orange-ish" in nature. Now I'm left to wonder whether I should keep it or send it back.....

3. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    The thing is, there should not be even a slightly orange tint in the picture at all, when it is displayed correctly, as can be seen here when the 15 is sitting next to the 17:

[​IMG]

4. redsvt95

redsvt95 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Those Beats Audio pictures are screenshots, not photos of the screen.

5. Thors.Hammer

Thors.Hammer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where did I disagree with that? I haven't. All I said in the other thread is that it doesn't appear that 100% of the panels are defective. The percentage appears to be pretty high, but not 100%. The machine in The Verge review doesn't look orange to me.

6. Lvivkse

Lvivkse My username is a typo

Reputations:
    why does the 17 look like it has a blue tinge to the entire thing? im about to order a 17...

7. Rubenstein

Rubenstein Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    because the 15 has a orange tint on the whole screen, so the 17 looks blue. the 17 should be fine, my clevo screen (good screen) looked the same compared to the 15.

but if you like a screen that displays everything in this romantic dawning colored profile, then get the 15 ;)

8. gameface25

gameface25 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    or because that 17 is setup with a cooler display setting, making everything more of a bluish tint..

which is what the 15 owners have done to make the orange issue less as well. Unless you can get the other colors on there to match up, that is a worthless comparison photo.

after having this for a week, and gaming with SWTOR over the weekend, surfing all day, and watching a movie... I will say I do not mind the Red/Orange issue at all. In fact I doubt Id even notice it if not for this forum.

So if ur on the fence about buying this laptop, buy it and judge for yourself. I honestly think some of you are being too anal over nothing... this is a primo alternative to a macbook pro. If you want thin, lightweight, and mainstream performance... then this is your go to.

If you want perfect visual colors for design, not sure why ur looking at this setup anyways tbh.

9. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    It's cool if you don't care, but, I'm not sure why wanting basic colors like red and blue to be shown correctly would be considered anal, especially when the screen is a $150 upgrade.

Maybe it's one of the shades of blue/violet from the color swatch, that the 15 couldn't display.

10. gameface25

gameface25 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anal might be a strong word, but lets call it nitpicky....

Yes its $150 upgrade, and I was concerned as well while mine was shipping. But like I said, after getting it, I would likely have never noticed if not having this thread make such a fuss about it before hand. And after a slight adjustment posted in the other thread, its hardly noticeable at all.

point is, dont let this deter you from buying this laptop, at least to try it. The screen is $150 upgrade because its an IPS panel, and its an amazing screen. The viewing angles are unreal.

If you are heavy into graphics and photos, and are that concerned about perfect colors... then there are other computers to fit your needs. But for 95% of us, this laptop is amazing.

Get it, try it, if you simply cant stand it, then send it back. Problem solved. Do I wish it displayed reds perfectly? Of course, but in the end, that is a minor thing in the big picture, when you consider all the +'s of this laptop, and the price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.