Envy 15 IPS Red vs. Orange tally

Discussion in 'HP' started by Lvivkse, Jan 4, 2012.

?

Colors like red

1. My display can reproduce red (and violet)

27 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. My reds look to orange (and violet looks blue)

96 vote(s)
    40.3%
  3. I don't have one and just want to vote because it's fun

115 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vitriolix

vitriolix Newbie

Reputations:
    You know their top end laptop displays (retina macbook pro's) are having really bad ghosting problems right now and they are essentially telling their users to stuff it, right?

2. davegregg

davegregg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    :smile: I can now CONFIRM that HP has kept its word (see my post here in March: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-...5-ips-red-vs-orange-tally-33.html#post8379271) and is now replacing the now-discontinued 1920x1080 IPS display with Red Color issues with an equivalent 1920x1080 IPS display with correct gamut! They just replaced the display in my Envy 15 (purchased early this past spring in the U.S.). It DOES show Red and Violet (as well as other colors) properly. I also detect no ghosting issue or dead pixels. According to the HP Parts slip they gave me, the new Parts No. is 697360-001, and the Description reads "SPS-DSPLY 15.6 AG FHD NSV/ALU BT RED" (for the record, I *think* that the old one was 668833-001 or 668832-001, but I could be wrong).

Two representatives in March told me that HP would be replacing the IPS display for concerned customers, and eventually I thought they were lying or retelling rumors they believed in. But nope, just slow! Slow is a heck of a lot better than lying. This is an estimation, but it seems to me like they've had the replacement IPS since sometime in June. I could have had them make the switch sooner, but I waited for unrelated reasons.

The HP service engineer even asked me to come down to their Service Center and manually confirm that it was displaying correctly before I picked up the laptop (which I did). This particular HP service team (in Singapore) didn't previously know about the Red/Orange issue in the 2012 HP Envy 15 IPS display. All they could tell was that the Part No. for the IPS display had changed this summer and that the previous IPS was no longer available. YES! They went ahead and replaced the covers too, because there were minor scratches and dings picked up during the time I have had the laptop.

And just as a word of advice, with this issue, DON'T BOTHER talking to Customer Support personnel. Talk to a tech support or HP Service Center engineer.

3. davegregg

davegregg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh, let me also say explicitly that I see no blue or green cast on my screen. I remember seeing that when I got the laptop with the old display, but I fixed that with a quick color tuning. The blues are also appearing vibrant, without fading. So, just a summary: I see NO problem with the colors on this new replacement IPS display.

4. stevester

stevester Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. Digidi

Digidi Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

i have baught a Acer V3 571G Notebook with panel ID: LGD0323 (LP156WF-SPB1) .I don't have a orange bug. Is it normal that LG is using one ID for different typs of panels?

6. vimalr85

vimalr85 Newbie

Reputations:
    The correct part number is 697359-001 and not 697360-001 for the FULL HD display. I pulled this from the HP site.

668830-001 15.6-inch High Definition AntiGlare display panel Natural Silver/ALU N -N/A- COMPLY_2.05
    668831-001 15.6-inch Full High Definition AntiGlare display panel - Natural Silver/ALU N -N/A- COMPLY_2.03
    668832-001 15.6-inch High Definition AntiGlare display panel with Bluetooth - Natural Silver/ALU N -N/A- COMPLY_2.05
    668833-001 15.6-inch Full High Definition AntiGlare display panel with Bluetooth - Natural Silver/ALU N -N/A- COMPLY_2.03
    697359-001 15.6 Inch Anti-glare Full High Definition Display panel - Natural Silver/Aluminum RED N -N/A- COMPLY_2.05
    697360-001 15.6-inch High Definition AntiGlare display panel Natural Silver/ALU bluetooth RED N -N/A- COMPLY_2.05

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.