Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Internet Security Discussion

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by Phoenix, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    After testing Emsisoft Anti-Malware for a while now, I have decided to use it from now on due to the fact that it's very light, has 0 bloat in it, and has some of the best PUP Detections out there in addition to your regular anti-virus/anti-malware, etc protection. It also monitors any suspicious network behaviour and prompts you if you want to allow that action or not so no need to buy the Internet Security suite which has a firewall, not for my usage needs at least

I bought a 12 PC / 10 year license

[​IMG]

I strongly suggest you try it, it gives you a 30 day free trial with no nags to upgrade or buy a license

New in 2017.5: Anti-Ransomware

Doxware: Ransomware evolution or merely media hype?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Aroc likes this.
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
  3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Is the software really that good? Can it be run alongside NOD32 AV without issue?

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    It IS that good, if you download the demo which is for 30 days, then you let your friends install it, you get a free month of subscription for every friend that installs it via your personalized referral link

and no you cannot run it alongside anything else, this is not what you're thinking, as in, it's not like MBAM to be run alongside an AV, this is a full fledged AV which extends via its multiple layers to offer behavioral detection, anti-ransomeware, HTTP scanner, and your traditional AV.

It uses its own built in engine + Bitdefender Engine and the same signatures which are present in both are eliminated to enhance performance and not scan the same file with both engines/signatures

Aroc likes this.
  5. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    So you've given up on ESET then?

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Yes sir, theyre both great but i like this one more

7. cj_miranda23

cj_miranda23 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In terms of performance w/c one is better bet. the two.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    NOD32 is slightly lighter BUT here's the catch, NOD32's HTTP scanner slows down the internet by a small margin, nothing to complain about but I feel with Emsisoft's Anti-Malware, the internet is snappier with no lag when browsing through webpages.

But overall, NOD32 is a bit lighter I feel it when installing my Adobe CS Suite, with EAM it takes a bit longer than it takes when I had NOD32 on

they're both one of the lightest so we are taking about a very small difference here which your average Joe won't notice

cj_miranda23 likes this.
  9. Aroc

Aroc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Phoenix, outstanding. I have these two packages, nod32 and emsisoft, that I have since I bought my new computer this year. (Though I do not run both at the same time, as @Phoenix rightly cautions!) I chose them for evaluation mainly on the recommendation of the mods at bleeping computer (no affiliation!).

Backstory: I needed to start thinking ahead about something new for myself and my extended "family" and customers that I support, who are still mostly just using MBAM permanent licenses, with no virusscan. Our requirements were something with good web browser protection, speed, accuracy, have it be one product and not two products, and have it be relatively nag-free.

Emsisoft is really a good combined product, if you looking for something you want to pay for (instead of free tools).

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Phoenix likes this.
  10. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    Where did you find a license that covers so many PCs for so many years?