emachine eMD620-5777 upgrades so far!

Discussion in 'eMachines' started by ifarted2, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. king0311

king0311 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a bent pin but not broken( I mean the cpu for this kind of laptop). Does it will effect my laptop performance? Can somebody tell me please...:)

2. occupant

occupant Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just a wee little update from me...

I did buy a 4450B (business class, identical to 4450e) chip off eBay from one that didn't sell, $25 SHIPPED, how cheap (I'm a cheap bastige, it was just right) and I put it in my kids' EL1200 desktop. Works like a charm. A really fast, turbocharged, sticky-tire-equipped, dragstrip-ready kind of charm. Shocked the *CENSORED* out of me! My kids' computer is now faster than my own, even with slower 6150SE graphics.

I have been scouring eBay for another to put in the laptop which my daughter is now using. Of course I probably won't actually do it, because she does not treat the laptop with respect. It has been dropped, shoved in dresser drawers, and she let the kids pry off the spacebar, V, B, C, N, G, and H keys. She can still type and it functions and all that, it just looks like garbage cosmetically.

I found out that the paperback book-sized Dell Zino desktop PC now uses the 3250e processor, and that means they were sold to OEM here in the States. I previously thought they were only sold in other countries because all the eBay sellers were from China or Hong Kong. But I think this has caused the price of those 22W processors to finally come down. The cheapest eBay listing for a 3250e as of this posting is $68.88, free shipping. Used to be you couldn't find them for less than $90-$100.

So that's good news for those of you who were considered a 45W 4050e-4450e-4850e-5050e but were concerned about heat or battery life.

As far as those B-series business class processors, only the 4450B is 45W. The others (5000B, 5200B, 5400B, 5600B) are 65W and I believe are based on Athlon 64 X2 5000+ through 5600+ models. If you think you can handle the 65W TDP, the B series chips seem to sell for about the same as the 5x00+ consumer chips. Gives you some more options for buying.

If you have the cash, I recommend picking up an SSD. That is the next upgrade I plan for my wife's screaming fiery overclocked i7-920 whitebox computer. But we're waiting for Windows 8 to do it since she is running an OEM (system builder) copy of Windows 7-HP-64 and I don't think it'll let us install it on a different drive. Keep in mind Windows 7 can BARELY install in a 30GB drive. Even a 40GB would be tight. You want to have free space for other things like a page file and caches and temporary folders. The 80GB Intel SSD seems to be the best value for the dollar in this case. 64GB drives from other brands sell for about the same money (Transcend is $179 for example) as the $195ish 80GB Intel. One can hope (I certainly do...) that SSD prices will continue to fall over the next year and maybe an 80GB SSD will be priced around $100-$120 by this time next year!

Another idea I had was for some company somewhere to combine a flash drive with a mini PCIe wireless card to allow people with laptops to add flash memory to their laptop without giving up their stock HD or their wireless capability. Heat would be a problem as would space. But if they can make iPod nanos in 16gb flavors, those things are tiny and the memory from them should fit on a mini PCIe card.

3. kaidomac

kaidomac Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone have repair information on these?

My right corner hinge broke and popped out the bottom of the screen. The metal tore itself right off. I really like this laptop because it has a curved keyboard and is nicer to type on for long periods of time, so I want to keep it. Haven't found much in the way of repair stuff though.

4. occupant

Reputations:
    My daughter's laptop (eMD620-5777) has a LOOSE hinge but it's not broken. Yet. Currently missing spacebar, both Alt keys, R,T,Y,D,F,G,H,J,X,C,V,B,N,M and even the comma key and Esc key.

Still works.

I'm installing Ubuntu 10.10 on it as I type...

5. Filrond

Filrond Newbie

Reputations:
    Great notice for all. I had installed a Amd Neo X2 6850E Processor on Emachines D620 and WORKS PERFECT, full complete recognized for bios laptop and work at 100%. Cool&Quiet Fuction works fine.

Is a Dual Core Neo processor with 22W tdp

AMD Athlon Neo X2 6850e - ADJ6850IAA5DO

I readed previous post on this forum for upgrades to Emachines D620. Processor with 45W no good options, for more battery power and for heat.

I readed on previous post, athlon x2 3250e works in Emachines D620. Then I decided play with risk. I decided buy Neo 6850e and test it for work on Emachines D620.

And GREAT!!!!!... Works fine, complete recognized. Very fast processor, in save energy mode run at 1000 Mhz, and in High performance energy run fine at 1800 Mhz. Temps are great!!!!. Great temps and great time for battery. System W7 .

(Sorry for my poor English, I am Spanish User).

My tests and Pics:

I remove previous processor Amd 2650e Monocore. Put 6850e and use Thermal Great Quality Artic Cooling Mx2 Paste... but.. urgg.. finished paste.. need for complete all processor use paste Zalman good paste but no great quality like than Artic Cooling Mx2.. Bad Luck.

Re-install fan and all components.. Press button and YESS!. Processor work COMPLETE. Emachines D620 identify 100% Processor. Run at 100% and identify processor correct, Amd Neo6850e.

Cool´N Quiet work perfect. On energy saver minimum energy, processor work at 997,6 Mhz (1000 Mhz) and at Full performance option on energy saver W7, processor work at 1795,5 Mhz (1800 Mhz).

Full complete Support Report Perfect in Bios and in Cpu-z Execute in Windows 7. Core Vid at 1800 Mhz 1.000V. Core Vid at 1000 Mhz 0.800 V.

Temps now at 1000 Mhz:
    Core Temp: Core 1 32º, Core 2 39º

Temps now at 1800 Mhz:
    Core Temp: Core 1 38-39º, Core 2 43-44º

Temps now at 1000 Mhz:
    Everest Ultimate 5.50.2216: Core 1 30-32º, Core 2 36-39º

Temps now at 1800 Mhz:
    Everest Ultimate 5.50.2216: Core 1 40-42º, Core 2 45-46º

Sure Processor Zone core 2 is more heat, for sure i put in this zone Zalman termal grase... sure Zone core 1 bebbet cool heat for i put in this zone Artic Cooling Mx2... real pity, paste Mx2 finished and I no put paste for all processor...

Zalman is a normal Zalman thermal paste.... I try later buy new Artic Cooling Mx2 paste remove previous paste and put only Mx2 in all processor.

Sure later temp for Core 2 is better.

But processor with Mix Zalman and Mx2 work cool, temps checked are great for Dual Core Processor on Laptop Emachines D620... Are equal or better than previous processor 2650e Monocore!!!.

Great Inprovement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Time for battery in Economity W7 Energy mode is 2 hours with standard original garda battery. Everest report me, my battery is 11% bad.

I put in this laptop new Ddr 2 Memory 800 Mhz Samsung. 2 Gbytes, 2x1 Gbytes. And works fine.

And put too, new Hardisk Seagate Momentus 500 Gb 5400 rpm. And works fine and fast...

Yeah complete great improvement.

*Hardisk Seagate Momentus 500 Gbs price in spanish shop: 54,70 Euros Buyed in City Shop.
    *Memory 2x1 Gbyte Ddr2 800 Mhz Ebay: 28,65 Euros Include Transport.
    *Processor Amd 6850e Ebay: 39,48 Euros Include Transport . (52,98 Usd) .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total: 122,83 Euros (164,84 Usd).

Great cheap Improvement for Emachines D620!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

In next post, my pics install, bios information and Windos 7 test, Core temp and Everest pics.

Look for 6850e proccesors on Ebay, search in advances options, and select Articles for all regions. Really cheap prices on Hong Kong and China sellers. Y buyed my 6850e to Hong Kong seller. Very fast ship, great communication with seller and good package.

I am Very Happy with Final result for my improve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Yeahhhhhhhh.

Greetings

6. Filrond

Filrond Newbie

Reputations:
    Windows 7 System Info

[​IMG]

Windows 7 Evaluate Performance with 2650e Amd Monocore Original Processor

[​IMG]

Windows 7 Evaluate Performance with 6850e Amd X2 dual Core Processor

[​IMG]

Cpu-Z Processor economity energy saver option W7

[​IMG]

Cpu-Z Processor High performance energy option W7

[​IMG]

Cpu-Z Mainboard information

[​IMG]

Cpu-Z Memory

[​IMG]

Cpu-Z Memory Spd

[​IMG]

Cpu-Z Memory Spd 2

[​IMG]

Everest Ultimate 5502216

[​IMG]

Everest Ultimate 5502216 Cpu

[​IMG]

Everest Ultimate 5502216 Overclock

[​IMG]

Everest Ultimate 5502216 Sensor

[​IMG]

Everest Ultimate 5502216 Battery

[​IMG]

CoreTemp 0998 Processor economy energy saver option W7

[​IMG]

CoreTemp 0998 Processor High performance energy option W7

[​IMG]

Greetings

7. occupant

Reputations:
    Filrond, that's an awesome full writeup, I wish I was that detailed all the time.

6850e is a 22W processor. Don't get confused out there, there is a 6650e Neo that is considered a desktop processor and is 35W. It may run as quick but it would definitely be hotter.

3250e are becoming easier to find, just not much cheaper.

I am about to purchase a 4050e just because I can get one shipped for like $31 from StarMicro. They have 4450e and 4850e as well and sometimes they aren't out of stock of 5050e.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.