Eluktronics N131WU 8th gen, TB3 4x, Aluminum and 13.3" QHD!

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    I carry mine to work and back every day, been on the train, planes etc etc - never caught the power button or opened my bag to find my laptop was turned on or had woken up. It's in an unusual place, but you shouldn't worry about it in the slightest!

2. Alex_S

Alex_S Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello good people!
    Is it worth it to pay extra 102€ for i7 option and 89€ for QHD+ display?
    Will i7 be significantly faster than i5? Almost 15% more expensive, but how much performance boost I can get?
    And what is the benefits of QHD+ display over the 1080p?

3. L_A_B

L_A_B Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Great news! :D
    And another question, can you confirm, what SCHENKER SLIM 13 have the same 1080p IGZO panel like in this Tuxedo?
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tuxed...-500-GB-32-GB-FHD-Laptop-Review.260362.0.html
    Also, what is max RAM frequency for this model? 3000/3200Mhz RAM can give some performance kick for iGPU, but I'm not sure if this model support it.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  4. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Correct - same panels. We offer up to 2666MHz, to be honest I don't know how much difference using 3200 vs 2666 makes in Intel UHD 620. Officially the pltform supports up to 2400MHz, we fofer slightly higher - I have no testing or compatability informaton for any speeds above that.

5. vs40

vs40 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It depends from your use cases.
    With i7 you can get +600Mhz boost for short period of time.
    For me it can be nice speed up in Photoshop, when opening and handling the heavy RAW/TIFF files.
    Or any other situations when you can need maximal 1 core performance for shot period of time.
    If you need it for longer rendering/calculation time, it's better to look at 45W CPUs.
    I think the 1080p IGZO option is much better than QHD+ Pentile display, not only because of better color reproduction, but also because of Windows HiDPI support... it's just sucks...

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It can be in the region of 5-10% at 1080p.

7. hemlatuyda

hemlatuyda Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey how durable and reliable those laptops are? Comparing to some good brands/models - Lenovo ThinkPad T; HP Elite/ZBooks; Dell Latitudes and Precisions?

9ac3 likes this.
  8. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    do you have infos about reliability for those brands? btw those brands you are talking about are only OEMs and they don't make laptops so each model could be really different because they usually use different ODMs

9. hemlatuyda

hemlatuyda Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is what has been told to me by other users who claimed that those laptop brands/models are known for durability. I've noticed that just those models cost around 30% more compared to other laptops of same brands with similar components.

10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Lower power machines tend to be more reliable due to lower heat/power to worry about. It has seemed reliable so far.

B0B likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.