Eluktronics Mech-15 G2 RTX 2070 for 1599$

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Yu Juin Kuan, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Yu Juin Kuan

Yu Juin Kuan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Techdude594 and Flying Endeavor like this.
  2. clintium

clintium Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does seem like a great deal. No g-sync though. That feels like a deal-breaker to me, but I don't even know why.

I normally play on an external monitor w/ g-sync: does the laptop/gpu need to have gsync functionality to even allow an external monitor to utilize its gsync?

Techdude594 likes this.
  3. Lumlx

Lumlx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If its iGPU + dGPU g-sync wont work even on external monitor. You need dGPU only.

4. RampantGorilla

RampantGorilla Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The laptop display doesn't need to support g-sync in order to for laptop to connect to g-sync external display correctly. All you need for g-sync to work properly is for the laptop to have a mini DisplayPort that is directly connected to the nvidia gpu instead of the iGPU. There are two possible scenarios:

Frames rendered by the dGPU ----> iGPU display pipeline -----> mDP connector G-sync is not supported in this case.

Frames rendered by the dGPU -----> dGPU display pipeline ----> mDP connector G-sync will work fine.

This isn't true. Any optimus laptop that meets the criteria above will work with an external g-sync monitor.

JRE84 likes this.
  5. Lumlx

Reputations:
    Monitor will work but not g-sync due to optimus.

6. RampantGorilla

RampantGorilla Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  7. Lumlx

Reputations:
    Well technically they're not using optimus. All of those laptops has mDP directly connected to dGPU. But if you got true optimus laptop that routes all video signals through iGPU then you won't be able to enable G-Sync (Look at AW m18 gtx 1070 upgrade threads). It's hit or miss if laptop has mDP port directly connected to dGPU or not.

Techdude594 likes this.
  8. Techdude594

Techdude594 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can get it for $1500 now because they added the option to go with no Windows. (just buy a cheapo key on some key store now) I'm strongly considering this laptop, it's so cheap for a 1070, and I know how good this chassis is. Do you guys think that this chassis could handle a full 2070? Only real downside of this laptop is the lack of G-SYNC, but I think the hardware should be powerful enough to push 144fps in most games, provided that you crank some settings down.

Installed64 likes this.
  9. Gingerlover

Gingerlover Newbie

Reputations:
    Eluktronics just released the new Mech 15-G2 with RTX 2070 series card. I think it's going to be great.

https://www.amazon.com/Eluktronics-...s=gateway&sprefix=Eluktronics+,aps,553&sr=8-2

10. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

This is for the 2060, 17" version. He tried to get the 2060 and 2070 versions and all they had to send him was the 2060.