Electric cars $40k and under

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Mitlov, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    And from the rear...

Attached Files:

killkenny1 likes this.
  2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Make sure you go onto DealerRatings and Cars.com to leave a scathing review of the dealer that sold the Volt out from under you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Could the dealer sue?

4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    People sue for reviews?

5. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  6. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Honestly I probably won't spend a time doing a bad review of the dealer who sold the Volt out from under me. I had stayed deliberately vague about whether I would close the deal (I just said I wanted to "talk numbers") because I didn't want to lose all negotiation power. So I understand if why they sold it to someone with cash in hand, nothing to negotiate. I'm bummed about the circumstances more than angry at the dealership.

That said, the Prius Prime does drive pretty well too, and is the more practical choice in a number of respects. I think I would have been happy with either, so I don't regret missing out on the Volt, even if it was the more engaging to drive of the two.

7. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Crappy. but you will get something. I am inking a deal and trading my wrangler unlimited in on a new Hyundai Kona EV. Enough is enough. 1.50 per liter here now, I am betting going to 2.00 a liter for may 24 weekend travelling and then not coming back down. The greedy F&*KS at the oil companies need to make back their billions and billions of dollars IN PROFITS from last year somehow. Won't be on the back of me anymore. Our PUB cannot raise the electric prices without major consultations etc. Therefore my travelling expenses will not change for at least 2 years. Time to move to the future.

8. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Ha ha, just noticed you got a prime. Cool car. Hows the full EV range in it? Also, ask your wife/gf to take the eyelashes off the runner. :p

9. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well. After getting under the JK yesterday, I now need to replace the steering box, full tierod end kit, ball joints as well as the AC system. Therefore I have decided it is time to trade in for a new EV. a totally new way of travel for us. We are going to get a new kona ev, and keep the Patriot for off roading that we do. If we want to go more hardcore off roading we have our lifted and gifted polaris ranger crew. Time to get some cheap travel. gas is going close to 2.00 a liter here by this summer.