eGPU to laptop issues (code 43)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by elmenhorster, Jan 18, 2017.

1. elmenhorster

elmenhorster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OMG I enabled all ports and 372.70 came to life!!! It works! No code 43. Nothing. Although I only tested games on internal lcd there's a significant increase in fps compared to intel hd. I can't thank you enough guys bloodhawk & Prema, this is unbelievable...it actually works.....

Prostar Computer likes this.
  2. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Really glad it worked out for you.

Try one of the newer modded drivers from the my previous post, if you want to play some of the newer games that are really anal about the latest driver versions.

@Prema has made it amazing by unlocking one of the most difficult to unlock ,sections of today's BIOS's - The Chipset .

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    elmenhorster likes this.
  3. elmenhorster

Reputations:
    bloodhawk and Prema like this.
  4. pat@XOTICPC

pat@XOTICPC Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Looks pretty good. Glad to see you get it working. How's the performance so far?

5. elmenhorster

Reputations:
    So far I've been able to test only with internal lcd, which doesn't show the full potential of eGPU. My current external monitor is 10yrs old with blank screen, I just hooked it up to activate this card. Now that everything is working, I'll capitalize with new monitor.
    Speaking of laptop alone, the FPS doubled. I use to play at low resolutions, but 1600x900 looks so much better now. Intel HD took up to 3mins to launch one game, now it's 20sec and I'm in. All loading screens in general run at full speed, there's no waiting time. It took so much weight off processor that laptop fan is no longer going crazy with AC plugged in, not a single fizzle. You know just small things like this that make low end users like me happy.

bloodhawk likes this.
  6. pat@XOTICPC

pat@XOTICPC Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Improvements all around. That always feels nice. Thanks for the update, and keep us posted if you discover more about your new set up!

7. elmenhorster

Reputations:
    So today I encountered a blue screen error. It was related to drivers. I uninstalled 372.70 and modded 375.63 as usual, which is the first genuine software for 1050. Surprisingly, it doesn't show code 43. Will see how it goes.

8. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    The older drivers weren't meant to be used with 1050/1050ti. Thats why i told you to use one of the recent ones and use the modded inf.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Is the performance the same still? I bet the cooling finds it easy being out in the open like that and using the 1050 core :)

10. elmenhorster

Reputations:
    Yes my bad. I was too scared that code 43 might come up again. It seems that I will be able to install the latest drivers and updates without too much hassle.

No complains from CPU fan whatsoever, it got well deserved vacation.:) FPS didn't change though, it is by far the least of all improvements. But It all comes down to external monitor.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017