eGPU Results - Clevo P870DM-G + GTX1080 + TB3 HDK / PE4C v4.1 (M.2 NGFF)

Discussion in 'e-GPU (External Graphics) Discussion' started by bloodhawk, Oct 5, 2016.

1. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    First question...

Whhy are you trying to run an eGPU with 2 x 1080's? You will barely have enough lanes for Thundebolt 3 to work off of.

Second, what exactly happens when you connect it? Is the GPU inside the enclosure not getting detected? Check if its showing up in the device manager...

If it is showing up then the problem is something else..the External GPUs not supported thing is not really relevant.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    You may not have the right firmware. The TB3 port does not have the correct Intel technology licensing for eGPU use.

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That too... like a pointless performance downgrade using an eGPU if you have an internal 1080.

4. Jaces9900

Jaces9900 Notebook Guru

Reputations:

i use this for other purposes , as well the gpu doesnt show up the egpu box does get detectedbut the actual gpu is not seen , i did not plan to game on it , i just planed to use for other options as coding or rendering.....

5. Jaces9900

Jaces9900 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i saw you got it to work on a p870dm3, i would like to get this to work for card testing as well on other purposes ....

6. Jaces9900

Jaces9900 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    any more info on this @bloodhawk , as i saw you got a egpu to work on a p870dm series???? i just want to see if i have to option for trhis at a later time as i have a power color devil box that has been sitting on a shelf...

7. bloodhawk

Reputations:
    Not really. For me the Razer Core/Akitio PCIe Box/ Akitio Node / TB3 HDK all worked just fine using the standard TB3 firmware.. As well as with a custom TB3 firmware.

I would try and update TB3 firmware to the latest available maybe, along with the drivers to see if it helps.

8. Jaces9900

Jaces9900 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    how and where do i get the firmware and drivers for the p870dm3-g , hid envolved version ?

9. bloodhawk

Reputations:
    Umm yeah the stock firmware updates (if any) should be available through them or Clevo. They dont have any custom TB3 firmware.

10. Jaces9900

Jaces9900 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    havent had no luck what egpu where you testing a while back right now mine says no epgu , but i am in dual 1080 sli