Eee PC 1215n Performance

Discussion in 'Asus' started by oogamar, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queefinout

queefinout Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I can as well as 1080p Youtube... But really, this laptop has a mind of its own. Sometimes it will play them both perfectly well and then play them with out of sync audio and choppy playback.

using up to date bios and nvidia 275.33. Hope that helps!

2. coa00kt

coa00kt Newbie

Reputations:
    Dear Friends

First of all I am a Computer Systems Engineer (University guy yoo!!!!)

I did a big investigation about the 1215n (cause i bought it recently). The GPU ION2 is in fact a (GT218 Chip known as GT218ION-AE with 16 cuda- 40nm) . That means that the original stable clocks for that chip should be:

1230 check (Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies)

Furthermore the driver specially the newest ones don't perform well, the best driver for stability and performance is 257.41.

They underclocked the card for power consumption issues due to the fact that is a low power solution motherboard.

Finally a safe solution will always be GameBooster 3 to decrease the running processes in windows and give to the CPU 0% utilization on idle.

I hope I helped some of u and everybody feels happy with his netbook.

Kostas

3. berkeleydb

berkeleydb Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bought a Transcend 16GB Class 10 SDHC card to use with my new Asus netbook (Eee PC 1215N-PU17).

Although the card is listed as 16GB, when I try to configure for use with ReadyBoost, the card shows as only 4GB.

Is this a limitation of the OS (Windows 7 Home Premium) ? Or do I need to do something else to configure the SDHC flash card ?

4. berkeleydb

Reputations:
    Oh, nevermind on the SDHC card question --- figured out how to format it in NTFS so Windows would see the entire 16 G.

5. quebraparedes

quebraparedes Newbie

Reputations:
    What memory configuration is better? 1x4Gb or 2x2Gb?
    I've seen a guy on youtube saying that he uses 8Gb ram . Is it fake? I've read that 1215n only supports up to 4Gb.

6. oogamar

oogamar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The 1215n does support 8gb of ram and personally i'd go for whatever works out cheapest because the performance difference between the two is virtually nothing.

7. berkeleydb

Reputations:
    I bought a 1215N-PU17 two months ago, to replace a failed Sony Vaio Z. It was for my daughter in college, and I had to make a very quick but affordable choice.

The only upgrades done so far are adding one 2G RAM to bring it up to 3Gig, and adding a 16GB Class 10 SDHC Card. I have done no BIOS or video driver upgrades.

The 1215N works okay for most things, but video use is causing random BSOD. BSOD occurs during use of Hulu or Skype. Error received:

Critical:
    Time: 7:53:26
    Source: Kernel-Power
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)

I did some research, this is a fairly common Windows 7 error. I hoping someone with this issue on this model may have
    found a resolution.

8. quebraparedes

quebraparedes Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks. And what kind of ram does it uses? 1066 or 1333 ?

9. oogamar

oogamar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Either kind is fine, the system itself runs the ram at 800mhz regardless of the original rated speed so it doesnt matter which you get.

10. quebraparedes

quebraparedes Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks again. just one last question.
    can I have 4GB of ram in one slot ond 1GB in the other slot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.