Eee PC 1215n Performance

Discussion in 'Asus' started by oogamar, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deio123

Deio123 Newbie

Reputations:
    Also, does anyone know if is it possible to upgrade to windows 64 bit downloading it from sowhere using the product key, or will i have to buy the windows 7 64 bit dvd?

2. DraXxus1549

DraXxus1549 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My product key worked as long as you use the same version (home premium) it should not be a problem as far as I know.

3. Deio123

Deio123 Newbie

Reputations:
    ok, ty draxxus. But from where ( what site) can i donwload it (windows 7 64),or what asus's program do it?? I have the Home premium 32, so i want to upgrade to 64 without lose all my programs and games already instaled.

4. SoundOf1HandClapping

SoundOf1HandClapping Was once a Forge

Reputations:
    Download the files here. I'm a little fuzzy as to how to make a bootable USB stick with Win7 on it, but there you go. If you have an external DVD-ROM handy you can just burn the .iso to disc and off you go.

5. cathain

cathain Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm thinking about getting the 1215n but the reports of serious flex on the keyboard are putting me off. I would be using this laptop for a lot of essay writing so really need a good keyboard. Another alternative I'm looking at is a Dell m101z but I've read reports of a very noisy fan on that machine?

6. ballist1x

ballist1x Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    you'd need the dell m301z (13") surely? with its dual core CPU to be similar to the Asus?

Other alternatives is to wait for the new AMD Fusion based chipset netbooks like the HP DM1z etc

7. oogamar

oogamar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The keyboard flex on this machine really isn't that bad. It is there but its only noticable if you take your finger and press down hard in the middle of the keyboard. I haven't ever seen it as a problem during the extensive typing i've done on this machine.

As for the dell m101z I have also heard that the fan does kick out quite a bit of noise due to the machine producing a fair bit of heat. It runs hotter, louder and has less battery life than the 1215n, however it is a more stable performer and comes with a dell warranty which is the best warranty you will on the market if anything goes wrong.

8. DraXxus1549

DraXxus1549 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I am having a weird issue lately, while playing WoW I am getting 30-50 fps while playing and everything is running smoothly. But every couple of minutes I get weird stutters my fps drops to <10. After a few seconds it jumps back up. Has anyone has an issue like this? Is it driver related?

Unrelated, but as for the person who asked about installing Windows 7 64-bit, this is the guide that I used to create the bootable USB drive. Guide

9. Sir Arun

Sir Arun Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey OOGAMAR (and anybody else reading this)

I just upgraded from 2GB RAM to 3GB, of course only gaining 0.74ish GB in the process (due to the limitation).

Will I still notice a difference?

Also, I wouldn't recommend the current 260.99 drivers. Because with them, Crysis starts to glitch with all sorts of dark artifacts.

I'd stick with 259.64.

10. oogamar

oogamar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You tell us... have you noticed any improvement? More ram is always a good thing (up to a point) but how much improvement i cannot say with 3gb. I'm interested to hear your experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.