Eee PC 1215n Performance

Discussion in 'Asus' started by oogamar, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queefinout

queefinout Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    At least for me it ran like crap. tried native settings to lowest settings and no it ran horrible. i was running 266.35? (the newest beta drivers from nvidia) maybe it was my drivers that sucked.

on an unrelated note. lara croft and the guardian of light works beautifully on the netbook with high details. fun game to boot too.

2. Jimmyye24

Jimmyye24 Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone of you guys/gals have this green bar on top of online media players like youtube, hulu, vimeo and such from time to time. It isn't just a green bar on top of the video but also the color is a bit tinted and messy. I would get it from time to time for when i'm watching videos online.

3. Patabata

Patabata Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm having a problem when overclocking the CPU in setFSB. It is that the two USB-ports on the right side of the laptop stop working. any1 else had this problem?

4. ddistel

ddistel Newbie

Reputations:
    Running the stock 32bit home prem. Thinking about upgrading it to 64 sometime.

5. DraXxus1549

DraXxus1549 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I gotcha, I was wondering if anyone one with 64-bit can confirm that it will recognized the 4gb and not just 2.7 or whatever it is.

6. oogamar

oogamar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can confirm this. I'm currently running 64bit with 4gb of kingston 1333mhz ram. It recognises the whole 4gb and applications and games are performing a better than before.

7. DraXxus1549

DraXxus1549 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That is great to know, thanks a lot.

8. chimp1487

chimp1487 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

How much better than the 2 gigs that come with the machine? Do you think its worth the money for the upgrade? Which applications and games are you seeing improvements in?
    Thanks

9. ddistel

ddistel Newbie

Reputations:
    I downloaded the guardian of the light on steam and when I try and launch the game it says This game requires a Direct9.0c capable graphics card with ps3.0 support and then closes. What gives?

10. oogamar

oogamar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well in general use it's made multitasking smoother so when you're opening multiple programs/windows/tabs there is significantly less hang time. Game wise in half life 2:the lost coasr, arkham asylum and stalker i've noticed a 10-20% increase in performance fps wise which can be the difference between lagging and playable on a machine like this, especially with batman - it pushed it into the smooth zone.

I wouldn't recommend getting anything expensive but if you can find some cheap budget ram then its probably worth doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.