EasyCPU: how to improve the cpu performance

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by EasyCPU developer, Sep 7, 2019.

1. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Haters gonna hate. Don't bother with the negative comments. Don't waste time with haters. There are haters everywhere..

I use throttlestop in a daily basis but love your work and @unclewebb 's with throttlestop. If i can and have the possibility to help ya both i will. Now for the haters!? Let them talk and move on.. Haters gonna hate because they can't do better than you

seanwee and EasyCPU developer like this.
  2. EasyCPU developer

EasyCPU developer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks to both of you. Your welcome comments give me the opportunity to clarify some things ...

As many of you have seen, my purpose has never been to compete with ThrottleStop. I was careful not to fall into the error of criticizing Throttlestop. I love Throttlestop and I consider it an excellent application. In fact, while writing EasyCPU, I used ThrottleStop to check if my settings were correct or wrong. What about the author of ThrottleStop? For a decade he has helped a huge number of users for free, both with its application and with assistance on the forum. I think we should all thank him for that.

I simply enjoyed creating my interpretation, trying to simplify and make CPU management more accessible, easier especially for newbies.

Thanks again. :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    seanwee, relobe, Arondel and 3 others like this.
  3. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    Does not support my "Intel® Celeron® J4105" Processor a 2017 cpu in my MiniPC, I wanted to try undervolting to reduce fan noise but it does not support my cpu.

John.

4. EasyCPU developer

Reputations:
    Sorry, as described in the specifications, EasyCPU only supports Intel Core CPUs, starting from the fourth generation. I don't know if there is a program capable of undervolting your CPU: try asking in the Throttlestop guide, in this same section.

Edit - If you want to try to force EasyCPU open the EasyCPU.ini file and find the "SupportedCPU = 0" line, then replace 0 with 1. This way you won't be blocked, but the undervoltage doesn't necessarily work. If it works, you will also need to disable turbo and speed shift in the options window, as your CPU does not support them.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Papusan and Tinderbox (UK) like this.
  5. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    Thanks.

6. EasyCPU developer

Reputations:
    About Speed Shift and Windows (also 1909).

When the laptop is battery powered, Windows sets the value 127 and it is impossible to change it (tried also with Throttlestop where the same thing happens). When the laptop is powered by a power supply it is possible to set the desired value in the msr register.

Edit - I did more tests and found that in fact Speed Shift seems to work normally in Windows 1909 (except when the laptop is charging and the Spedd Shift value of 127 is inevitable, as already mentioned). I'm doing other tests to confirm this.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    tilleroftheearth likes this.
  7. FireLantern

FireLantern Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So what are the main reasons for using this over throttle stop?

8. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Support and updates I guess.

9. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Use whatever tool you want. Both do the same but EasyCpu supports older cpus, while throttlestop doesn't. So it's up to you and support and updates are the same...

@unclewebb does give great support and I don't know why you need to have constant updates if the tool is working flawlessly...

Enviado do meu SM-N950F através do Tapatalk

10. EasyCPU developer

Reputations:
    Throttlestop also supports old cpu, EasyCPU only starting from the fourth generation of Intel Core.

Papusan, tilleroftheearth and joluke like this.