EasyCPU: how to improve the cpu performance

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by EasyCPU developer, Sep 7, 2019.

1. EasyCPU developer

EasyCPU developer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    EasyCPU version 2.1

Free download: https://www.easy-cpu.com

EasyCPU is a free application useful for improving processor performance.
    Undervolting and stop throttling. Overclocking. Especially useful for laptops and gaming.

EasyCPU works in Windows, only Intel Core processors (minimum fourth generation).

Features
    • Complete real time monitoring of processor sensors: utilizations, frequencies, temperatures and powers (for each group the current values, the minimums, maximums and the average of each single core are displayed). Four charts can be displayed. Saving of monitoring data with report creation.
    • Customizable stress test with choice of duration, number of threads and stress level. This will allow you to test the processor's performance while you are deciding on its settings.
    • Five preset profiles are provided, but an unlimited number of profiles can be created. Any profile can be renamed or deleted and all its settings can be changed.
    • Sensor monitoring, stress test and profile management are arranged in a single window: this allows you to work easily and have the whole situation under control.
    • In each profile you can decide the processor performance by setting a lot of parameters: Windows power plan, speed shift, bidirectional prochot, frequency multipliers to limit or overclock the cpu, all turbo-boost settings (enablements, clamps, long and short power max, time), all voltage settings (adaptive/static, voltage, voltage offset, IccMax) to undervolting or overclocking the cpu.
    • Automatic and customizable execution of any profiles at Windows startup.
    • Automatic and customizable execution of any profiles at the change of laptop power supply (AC / battery).
    • Automatic and customizable execution of any profiles when any application is launched (app-profile pairing).
    • Manual execution of any profiles with custom hotkeys when EasyCPU is closed.
    • Tray icon that displays essential CPU monitoring and the menu for quick execution of any profiles.
    • Hardware information: CPU, Bios and Mainboard, RAM, Graphics, Storages.
    • Online Help: all profile settings and procedures are explained.
    • The settings are maintained without problems in every situation, even after standby or hibernation, restart, change of power supply and so on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Thanks for sharing your product with us. I will download it and give it a go. I saw the warnings about XTU and ThrottleStop. I am a huge fan of ThrottleStop (and an XTU hater). After it has been installed and the initial setup complete is it still possible to use ThrottleStop in conjunction with your utility? Or, do they have conflicting resource utilization?

Rei Fukai, TBoneSan, Arrrrbol and 2 others like this.
  3. EasyCPU developer

Reputations:
    Hi, these applications modify the same values, so it is good to use only one of them. EasyCPU works with the same drivers as Throttlestop, but provides some different options.

Before trying EasyCPU I recommend disabling Throttlestop. Later you can choose which one to use

Porter, TBoneSan, hmscott and 2 others like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Thanks for sharing. I see it can gobble down up to 0.5% of processing cycles. And you have stated up to 20% more performance in etc Cinebench on your website. Can you explain? Let’s say we run stock as well oc’d. Thanks
    05B7B619-5188-4F5C-AB8E-183754439628.png

Maleko48, hmscott, Arrrrbol and 2 others like this.
  5. EasyCPU developer

Reputations:
    Hi, EasyCPU works with a background service that performs various tasks: automatically running profiles, hotkeys, app-profile pairing, etc. This service, in the tests I conducted, has a very low impact on CPU usage.

The undervolting procedure significantly improves performance: on my laptop I could see a noticeable improvement in the Cinebench score. This obviously also happens when other applications (eg Throttlestop) set the same cpu management.

Starlight5, hmscott, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It definitely works and easily applied an undervolt. I had no problem using it. I was a bit too aggressive at first and had to boot into Safe Mode and change some things because it was applying settings I created that were too much of an undervolt.

Suggestion 1: make the Hardware Info window resizeable so scrolling is not necessary.
    Suggestion 2: show the various core, cache, system agent voltage value in left side window pane above or below the power values.

Before:
    Stock.JPG
    After: Custom.JPG
    I like that it can create a new Windows Power Profile. Cool feature.
    PowerPlan.JPG
    I edited the EasyCPU.ini file to unlock the multipliers (by default they were not changeable).
    Edit-ini.JPG

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  7. EasyCPU developer

Reputations:
    Thanks for your suggestions: I saved them in my to-do file.

8. EasyCPU developer

Reputations:
    Hi, currently EasyCPU allows to increase the multipliers (overclock) only for processors with suffix K or X. Is your i7-4800MQ really a processor with multipliers unlocked? In other words, when you do the stress test, does your processor reach 3.7Ghz on all cores?

9. kingofswag187

kingofswag187 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The haswell gen is known for having CPU turbo bins, IE i7 46xx/47xx can do 2 multipliers, 48xx can do 4, and the 4900/4910MQ can do 6.

10. EasyCPU developer

Reputations:
    About the i7-4800MQ processor, in a review, I found this: "Each core offers a base speed of 2.7 GHz but can dynamically increase clock rates with Turbo Boost up to 3.5 GHz (for 4 active cores), 3.6 GHz (for 2 active cores) and 3.7 GHz (for 1 active core)."

EasyCPU (see screenshot above) allows as maximum values of the multipliers for this CPU: 37 for one active core (= 3.7 GHz), 36 for two cores (= 3.6 GHz), and only 35 (= 3.5 GHz) for 3 or 4 active cores.

Now, Mr. Fox has unlocked the multipliers in the .ini file (EasyCPU does not allow you to unlock them for this processor, because it is not K or X). But I have serious doubts that its processor can work at 3.7 GHz with all 4 active cores.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    hmscott likes this.