E6530 owners thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by konstantin.nd, Jul 26, 2012.

1. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    NewModeUS offers a wide array of caddies - the one I ordered for my M4800 has worked well.

2. Wojtas

Wojtas Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

Does anyone know by chance if the Dell E6530 supports a 9.5MM 2.5" HDD?

3. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The E6530 specs say nothing about the HDD thickness but does the notebook pre-date the introduction of 7mm HDDs? However, the pictures in the manual (page 18) show a relatively thick HDD. Given the notebook thickness I would expect a 9.5mm HDD to fit. Thinner HDDs became popular when optical drives were no longer included.

John

Wojtas likes this.
  4. au4all

au4all Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. perks

perks Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, i have one question.

I want to upgrade my e6530 with i5-3340M to one I7. I see one i7-3630QM, but i don´t sure if is valid.

Anyone upgrade to this processor? or only is valid upgrade to 3720 and 3740...Does anyone have information?

Regards.

6. Wojtas

Wojtas Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

Yeah it should. socket ok, W is .. ok (from 35w to 45w so your battery will be drained a bit quicker so maybe upgrade to an ssd to save some power if not already). Also for starters get very good thermal paste whilst you have the e6530 stripped.

FYI : I think the only disadvantage of that processor is that you're getting rid of Intel vPro tech ... Which is :
    "Intel® vPro™ Technology is a set of security and manageability capabilities built into the processor aimed at addressing four critical areas of IT security: 1) Threat management, including protection from rootkits, viruses, and malware 2) Identity and web site access point protection 3) Confidential personal and business data protection 4) Remote and local monitoring, remediation, and repair of PCs and workstations."

Except from that I think it is a good upgrade and should more than definitely work, when putting the laptop back to normal shape - before closing the lid check if the speaker cables are positioned correctly and will not be damaged by a screw.... every darn time i catch those cables!!!.. :p

Give a message if it works, :D

perks likes this.
  7. perks

perks Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Wojtas!
    i had a 850 evo and its top!! The problem is, i need more strong for virtual machines.

I call dell and with my express service code they tell me is valid i7-3720qm and i7-3520M.
    I ask for the 3630qm and the cant answer if it´s valid.
    they told me that with the 3630 they do not have data about my motherboard or that they have not tested it and they do not know if it is valid

But here http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket G2 (rPGA988B).html i see they can be valid.
    I do not know what to do!

8. Roman5

Roman5 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys, just a minor complaint. Does anyone else find it a little annoying how dust particles cling to the rubber surface surrounding the keyboard and touchpad? I know they wash away easily enough with a damp cloth but it's difficult to brush it away with my hand like you can on the non rubbery bits. I can see that Dell thought the rubber would give a more luxurious feel but I don't think it was their greatest idea.

9. LEDAdd1ct

LEDAdd1ct Newbie

Reputations:
    I just read all 26 pages of this thread and am considering picking up one of these units.

I would like to know if the WWLAN slot will accept a full height WLAN card.

I know other posts said an mSATA device would not function.

Three questions:

1) Will a full height WLAN card function properly in the full height WWLAN slot?

2) If not, with some tinkering, would a full height WLAN card be made to work in the half height WLAN slot?

3) If I do pick one of these up, I would want one manufactured by "LG", as those seem to be the best. I've checked a few service tags, and one of the panel suppliers appears to be "LEGEND."

a) Is the "LEGEND" in the parts description the same as this company here?

The article is quite old but that does not mean the company does not exist.

My understanding is that the chief suppliers, as indicated here, are Samsung, LG, AUO, Chimei, and Sharp.

Thank you!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  10. KhronX

KhronX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't see why it wouldn't. Normally / by standard, mini-PCIe slots contain one PCIe lane (one pair of "send" signals and one pair of "receive").

In the case of slots that support mSATA as well (ie. in addition to mini-PCIe), the above-mentioned signals are switched "out" and the similar signals from a SATA port are switched "in". But these are the exception rather than the rule.

Virtually all mini-PCIe slots support all mini-PCIe cards (or USB - the slot contains the signal lines for one of those too). Form-factor (full or half-mini) is a purely mechanical "thing".