1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

E6500: How to lock Touchpad

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by dj_nemo, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj_nemo

dj_nemo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi friends...
    finally i got a DELL Latitude E6500 :)
    it's not my first laptop but always i have problem with Touchpad when typeing
    is there any way to Lock/Stop using touchpad and Use normal Mouse.

thanks a lote

2. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Look in the notification area (the far right portion of the taskbar where the clock is) and double click on the small icon that looks like a touchpad. This should open the "Dell Touchpad" control panel.

In the "Dell Touchpad" window, click on Device Select/Button Settings. Then put a check in the box at the bottom of the window called "Disable touchpad/pointing stick when external USB mouse is present."

Click OK then close Dell Touchpad. You may see a balloon note stating that the touchpad has been deactivated. That's normal, and will disapper in a couple seconds (you can also just close the balloon note too)

Ricky :)

3. afhstingray

afhstingray Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    there is also an option called "touch check" enable it and increase its sensitivity. its a software feature to "detect" if its your palm touching the touchpad or if its a finger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.