E6430 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by oxygen, Jun 14, 2012.

1. hockey

hockey Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I need to replace the battery in my E6430. There seems to be a significant price difference between the two 60 WHr replacement batteries Dell is currently selling, but I can't tell the difference between them:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/sho...n-primary-battery/apd/312-1324/pc-accessories - $139.99 (model DHT0W)

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/sho...ry-lithium-ion-60-wh/apd/mkd62/pc-accessories - $64.72 (model MKD62)

They are both compatible with the E6430 and seem to have identical specs. The only obvious difference I could see from the descriptions is that the more expensive one has a 1-year warranty while the cheaper one does not. Is that the only difference? Does anyone know if spec-wise and performance-wise these two models otherwise exactly the same? :vbconfused:

Thanks in advance!

2. mr_handy

mr_handy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm not sure the cheaper one doesn't come with a 1-year warranty, which is pretty much the standard for Dell first-party batteries (although that's often from manufacture date, not date of sale.) Seems like a no-brainer to get the less expensive one.

3. hockey

hockey Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, the Dell website explicitly states that the more expensive battery ($139.99 model DHT0W) has a warranty:
    whereas the cheaper model ($64.72 model MKD62) doesn't have this verbiage...

Regardless, it seems that getting the cheaper model makes more sense, because even assuming if the cheap battery is a dud, buying another cheap one is still less money than buying one of the expensive battery. Basically, the cheap battery would have to fail three times before it ends up being more expensive than the higher model. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018