1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

E6400: CD/DVD drive buzzing noise

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by akwit, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akwit

akwit Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yet another problem...:mad:
    When I am burning a cd or dvd, the drive makes a really loud buzzing noise that sounds like its coming from some sort of vibration.
    If I push the drive in and up just a bit while this happens, the vibrations stop and the noise goes away.

Any idea on how to permanently make it stop?

2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Ask for a new one.

3. Theros123

Theros123 Web Designer & Developer

Reputations:
    if your unit has this many problem...then I see no reason why to continue using it. Return it or get a replacement. Might as well get one that does not have ANY issues.

4. valbaca

valbaca Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Mine did this once when I first got it.
    Try removing it and putting it back in. Also make sure your disc is set correctly.
    If this doesn't help, I agree with Theros123 and ZaZ.

5. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Make sure you have got the disc pushed down firmly in the tray. I have the habit of spinning the disc with my fingers before closing the drawer so I can see if it is not sitting evenly.

If you are still getting a lot of noise after removal / replacement of the burner and with several different discs then it is time to ask Dell for a replacement.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.