E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by hfm, Jun 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    FROM MICROSOFT EVENT:

I just saw Starfield is coming exclusive to XBox and PC on 11-11-22. Probably a good time to launch it. Maybe by then everyone will be able to order a console and GPU with no fuss to play it with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2021/06/13/starfield-bethesda/

Other things I'm digging from the announced stuff, some known some I'm just seeing for the first time:
    Stalker 2 | known but good to see some more peeks

D2: Resurrected | confirmed release date of 9-23-2021 (AND SNEAK PEEK AT REDONE CINEMATICS!!)

A Plague Tale: Requiem | I never played the first one but it reviewed well and this looks cool, might have to play it

Replaced | man, this is oozing atmosphere..didn't see "PC" in the end card here only XBox

Atomic Heart | was already waiting for this still looks interesting

Outer Worlds 2 | liked the first one well enough and quite frankly the most hilarious trailer because it's true..

Ascent | this looks pretty cool..

Besides that nothing really exciting IMO. I guess some people are maybe looking forward to FC6 and Halo: Infinite but they just aren't moving me to anticipating them. Forza Horizon 5 looks cool but I don't really care about racing games much.

Noticeably missing was anything about Avowed by Obsidian, not so surprising to see nothing about Elder Scrolls VI.

What's everyone else excited about so far?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    cucubits, JRE84 and krabman like this.
  2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    SQUARE ENIX:

Guardians of the Galaxy | looks cool, the campy humor thing actually works for this IP, looking forward to it. Reminds me in spirit of Brütal Legend. Unfortunately I don't see "PC" on that ending title card for it. Only consoles. Steam Link

Might have to change my tune on Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin. I haven't played any Final Fantasy game in a while or anything by Team Ninja since failing at Ninja Gaiden Black maybe..looks decent.\

Eh.. maybe Babylon's Fall looked a little interesting (man was the video kind of poorly put together though) but I'm not feeling good about the game-as-a-service aspect and focus on MP, usually SP suffers. But really nothing else in that one was interesting IMO.

The Black Panther part of Avengers looked OK, but I recall that being poorly received and nothing there really made me want to play it. Is it worth playing single-player? Guardians of the Galaxy looks more like what I'm looking for from these type of games.

PC GAMING SHOW:

My Notables:
    The previously announced Pioner (pronounced Pioneer), very STALKEResque looking game looks COOL. Here's trailer from May in english, was in Russian in the E3 trailer.

Wow, Wartales looks pretty cool. Maybe tactical turn-based combat RPG with a pretty cool looking overland map.

That Ixion trailer was awesome. Can't tell exactly what it is based on the trailer but it ended terrifyingly.
    Apparently it's a strategy game: https://www.kasedogames.com/ixion

Death Trash, we've already seen videos of it before, but still looks amazing.

Tinykin looks cute and fun, looks like sort of a 3D version of the old Lemmings game where the little dudes have different powers to solve puzzles.

Songs of Conquest looks like a cool take on Endless Legend type game with pixely graphics

Other maybe interesting things:
    Didn't even know Vampire the Masquerade: Swansong was a thing, looks somewhat interesting.. more so than Bloodlines 2.

Humankind looks like an interesting Civ take. Might try that.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Charles P. Jefferies likes this.
  3. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm looking forward to elder scrolls in a big way but expected little now with it still years out.

JRE84 and hfm like this.
  4. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, I was expecting them to say nothing about it.

5. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would not have complained about a teaser but if I'm running a gaming company I would have learned a few lessons from the Cyberpunk debacle.

hfm and JRE84 like this.
  6. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    LOL yeah, it seemed starting with Skyrim Bethesda tends to not announce or say much until it's close to release. I was actually pretty surprised that we're seeing something Starfield with a date this far out, but I think MS might have pushed the issue there just to get SOMETHING out. Still no gameplay which I did expect with the date being that far out. I think they've played it pretty smart there to hold off on that until the build is much closer to release.

JRE84 likes this.
  7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Noice, we're getting The Outer Worlds sequel! Loved that one. Trailer did not disappoint.
    From the so far announced also looking forward to A Plague Tale sequel.

hfm and JRE84 like this.
  8. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I think the PC Gamer show was the most interesting of the lot..

9. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The Stalker video whetted my appetite; I liked the first.

hfm likes this.
  10. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Same here. I was very happy when I saw this topic as I hadn't heard anything about this before. I was then equally sad when I saw planned release in 2022.

I enjoyed the first one very much. It was quite revolutionary, there were no other similarly open world-ish games back then. Man I hated those bloodsuckers.

Good hunting, Stalker!

hfm likes this.