[e1405] Depressed about my depressed touch pad button

Discussion in 'Dell' started by jonnybardo, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aggrodell

aggrodell Newbie

Reputations:
    so it turns out that they have to replace the whole touch pad which is 250 bucks.

seeing as though i paid just under 900 for the whole laptop and i know dual core processors go for 250ish i'm getting ripped off.

I stand by this right now that I will never purchase another shotty Dell again. They are simply pieces of **** oh and your service sucks **** too.

**** you dell.

I had a Toshiba before that ran great for 5 years, I'm giving them my business from now on.

again, **** you dell.

2. nizzy1115

nizzy1115 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Woah there tiger. There is no need for that type of language to be used here.

Dell offers extended warranties for a reason. It is not dells fault you did not want it.

If paying dell is too much to replace it, why not hit up ebay? I paid i believe a whole 12 dollars to replace my dell x300's.

And again, please refrain from ranting like a troll on these boards.

3. Mobile King

Mobile King Newbie

Reputations:
    Same exact problem here... Touch pad buttons are very cheap! Totally worthless if you use this machine waiting to catch a plane! I put in a request to Dell to get it replaced, let's see if they want to keep me as a repeat buyer of these products.

4. aggrodell

aggrodell Newbie

Reputations:
    1. I can say whatever I want you stupid mug, if you don't like it then jog on.
    2. I wanted to ensure the Dell CSR who once replied to this thread saw my commentary and the poor result I got from contacting his company.
    3. So you are placing the blame on the consumer for a rubbish product? Thats teh biggest load of bollocks I've heard in a while.

oh and again, if you don't have any relevant feedback and have just snide remarks to offer then quiet down coz you're boring.

5. BigMe

BigMe Newbie

Reputations:
    I was able to fix the problem by purchasing a replacement rest plate from ebay and following the instructions from dell on how to dis- and re-assemble my laptop. The hardest part was the 3 days I had to wait for shipping.

Me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.