E14 : Trackpad Discussion Only

Discussion in 'HP' started by bmzero, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. werd

werd Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So I have the same problem. Every time my computer starts, it asks me to to click "run" for the two finger scroll. I have it checked to always start on windows, but it still asks me to click run. Any idea?

2. zeth006

zeth006 Traveler

Reputations:
    OMG. Few things that would make this a killer

1. Inertial scrolling. iPad and smartphonelike flick scrolling.

2. Possibility of allowing tap to click and three finger tap for middle button to work.

3. MagusDraco

MagusDraco Biiiiiiirrrrdmaaaaaaan

Reputations:
    *shrugs* you can get three finger tap to do things if you want with that twofingertouch application

4. zeth006

zeth006 Traveler

Reputations:

The problem with 3-finger middle button is it also activates left-click.

5. MagusDraco

Reputations:
    that's a human problem not the program's fault.

you aren't supposed to tap three all at once.

it's taptaptap really quick with your three fingers.

edit: ok yeah. it really is the program's fault but..eh.

6. zeth006

zeth006 Traveler

Reputations:

It's a similar obstacle Macbooks face when the user has tap-to-click enabled and tries to execute a two-finger tap to right-click. It often fails and/or just executes left-click. In my one month of usage, I could only get it to work at a 3/5 success rate. I don't blame the maker of TwoFingerScroll for not being able to get past this. In fact, if he can further tweak and refine this software and introduce more gestures like inertial scrolling, I'd be willing to pay good money. He should introduce a free version (what we have now) and a paid version (more refinements, more gestures, etc).

As long as he isn't ripping off of any Apple patents, I'm sure he'll be fine. But if he wakes up one morning to find a team of lawyers at his door, we can worry about the consequences then. :)

7. classcix

classcix Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just installed your program. When I put my thumb on the left mouse button, when I move my index finger, the cursor does not move. Instead, it scrolls the page. Basically, if I have two fingers anywhere on the touchpad, it switches to scroll mode. help?

8. smiley286

smiley286 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    ok i just recived my envy... WOW this thing is beautiful, but about the tackpad. mines is a little raised. around the entire pad its a bit raised. is that normal? like when people say there pads are flush can you go from one side of the palm rest to the other with out never knowing that youve gone onto the touchpad?

9. zeth006

zeth006 Traveler

Reputations:

Flush means everything is level with each other. This means if I were to run my finger along the touchpad and palm rest, I shouldn't notice any elevation or depression. The only sign of separation should be a teeny tiny seam in between the touchpad and the palmrest.

If you're still not clear, take a photo and show us.

10. MagusDraco

Reputations:
    I think all the trackpads are raised a little bit in the rear and on the sides since it's a button (it gets mostly flush if you push it down. sinks a bit too much on the button sides)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.