DX12 will be Windows 10 only

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by octiceps, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    The fact that Windows 10 is a free update and Microsoft has never mentioned DX12 and W7/8.1 in the same sentence basically confirms that it will be W10 exclusive. DX11 was different because it was announced to be supported on Vista from the get-go.

2. maxheap

maxheap caparison horus :)

Reputations:
    No no I understand you, I am just saying that Microsoft will probably change their strategy after the huge community backlash (the fact that it is a free upgrade doesn't mean majority will do it), like the start button in Windows 8 situation.

3. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Why would there be a huge backlash? I guarantee the vast majority will upgrade, esp. gamers. Everyone wants to get the hell off of Windows 8, including Microsoft. That's what their strategy is with this offer. Windows 8 will die a quick death like Vista before it.

4. maxheap

Reputations:
    Yea Windows 8 and 8.1 users guaranteed will upgrade, but Windows 7 users? Not so sure..

5. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Have you not seen the announcements? Windows 10 will a free upgrade in the first year for all Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 users. Straight from Microsoft.

You'd know this if you bothered to read the first post.

6. maxheap

Reputations:
    Dude, you gotta relax, stop attacking unnecessarily please, I read the first post, still I am pretty sure a huge portion will keep using Windows 7. Free upgrade for a year doesn't mean it will be free the next, from economics perspective it is 100 dollars the next year, and I am pretty sure there will be a TON of people who won't pay it. There is still a huge portion of Windows users still on XP, forget about 7.

7. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Grow some thicker skin, will ya? I'm not attacking anyone. If you have questions or something you don't know/are unsure of, ask. Don't automatically assume.

When Microsoft said it's free, they mean free for the lifetime of Windows 10. It's not trialware, it's not a subscription. You don't have to pay a cent as long as you upgrade during the offer period, which is the first year after Windows 10 is released.

Bringing up XP in this discussion is totally irrelevant. Nobody who goes on the Internet should be using XP anymore. Anyway, I'll end that discussion with this: Steam Hardware & Software Survey

8. maxheap

Reputations:
    Again attacking... Done talking with you.

9. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    LOL...looks like I caught you on a bad day.

10. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Simmer down fellas. No one needs to spit the dummy. Let's just say Octiceps sometimes comes across as antagonistic, but he doesn't mean any harm.

I'll probably 'upgrade' since I'm stuck with W8.1 anyway.

octiceps likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.