1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

dv7 Full HD BrightView Infinity screen?

Discussion in 'HP Pavilion Notebooks' started by Ichinenjuu, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Triscuit

Reputations:
    How is the Full HD BrightView Infinity 1920x1080 screen on the dv7? I noticed it's not the same anti-glare screen that's on the dv6. Is the only difference that one is matte and one is glossy? Or are the colors different (or inferior)?

I'm just not sure if I want the dv6 or the dv7. Prices are the same, size isn't an issue since I don't need it to be portable, the main thing I care about is the screen.

1920x1080 on a 15.6" with the small text will probably give me eye strain, knowing my history with computers. So I wanted to get the 17", but is the screen just as good even though it's not matte?

2. con247

con247 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Remember, windows can change the DPI. So on the 1080 screen, I have mine set to 125% or 150% so windows actually makes things like the text take more pixels, but without stretching them like a lower resolution at the same size would. In other words, if you change the DPI to 125% or more, the 1080p screen will have things nearly as large (if not more) than a smaller resolution screen, but everything will still be crisp.

Just another take on the matter. Nothing replaces a larger screen, but changing the DPI really helps.

3. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Triscuit

Reputations:
    haha yeah, I know, it's just that I hate changing the DPI. I used a Dell XPS 15 with 1080p screen and the DPI was at 125% and I didn't like the way it distorted icons and caused web pages to display improperly...I just prefer 100% DPI.