dv6000t Current/ Prospective Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by nucleus1872, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous4

anonymous4 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey everyone, I currently have a dv6174cl with a 6 cell battery and I'm only getting about 2 hours maximum when unplugged. How much battery life would I get out of a 12-cell and where is the best place or website to buy one?

2. zerkour

zerkour Newbie

Reputations:
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone successfully upgraded this laptop to 3GB of ram? or is this even possible? HP's website says the max is 2GB, but it would be awesome if that was not really the case...

3. Broadus

Broadus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I haven't needed more RAM than 2GB, so I haven't had a reason to try.

Bill

4. Lithus

Lithus NBR Janitor

Reputations:
    Max RAM on the 2,6,9 Pavilions is 4 GB, you have to run the newest BIOS for the system to recognize the RAM. You have to run 64-bit for the system to recognize all 4 GB.

5. tango3065

tango3065 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wll mine has made it to Alsaka so I should have it by Wensday.

Has anyone besides me ordered one with the 6 cell high capacity battery, if so how is the run time on it when just surfing the net or playing cards?

6. longhornbsbll15

longhornbsbll15 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hey are our usb ports high power usbs?

7. wdlp65

wdlp65 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have the 12 cell battery and I talked my girlfriend into getting one on her new dv6500t and we both love it. Not only does it extend the battery life, it props the notebook up for a MUCH better typing angle. One more benefit is when sitting on the desk it props the machine up allowing it to vent heat better.

I wouldn't have it any other way honestly!

8. Onyx

Onyx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys, latecomer to the group... I got myself a DV6426 from Staples when they had the super sale just before labor weekend.

I was seeking a machine to dump my digital images to during my travels - I'm currently travelling the east coast of the US and will be here for 6 weeks, from Australia. I had considered 14.1" to be the ideal size - as my hands are too big for the 12 inchers, and I require the most portability as I intend to travel with the notebook, but the ~$700 price of this 15.4" system sealed the deal for me. With 160Gb of HD, it should be plenty for most.

I love this system. At the heart is a great screen - which I adore as a keen digital photographer. However 1Gb RAM with Vista is definitely not enough. It's painfully slow when I try to open 3 images at once in my RAW image converter. I'll get 2Gb as soon as I can, but in the meantime I'm using a highspeed CF card trying out the ReadyBoost function of Vista.

I actually prefer the flat sitting 6 cell pack, maybe I'm just paranoid about the notebook tilt being harmful to the hard drives spinning/operating on an angle. Although I'd love the extra capacity, my previous Pentium-M 1.4 notebook got 4hrs out of a charge when it was new... I see that notebooks these days have become more powerful for about the same battery life, not offering longer battery life (without optional high capacity and larger sized batteries).

9. windowsrookie

windowsrookie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    HP no longer offers the Go 7400, on the GMA 950 now.

Glad I bought mine with the 7400 a few weeks ago. :)

10. pj66

pj66 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also have a 12 cell battery and I love it. With an AMD processor,the extra battery life is great. I get about 5 hrs compared to 1.5 to 2 with the 6 cell.

The extra bump is also great as it makes the laptop easier to carry :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.