dv6000t Current/ Prospective Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'HP' started by nucleus1872, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r_schumacher

r_schumacher Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So 2 hours and 10mins is normal to fully charged a dv6000t stock 6-cell battery? :confused:

2. longhornbsbll15

longhornbsbll15 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i've got the really creaky laptop too, its driving me crazy!!

3. SGS

SGS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I can't find the answer to this one anywhere, so here goes:

What's the best way to clean the screen of my dv6000 laptop? I know that the rag that came with it is used to clean the outside, but what can I use to clean the actual screen? A lightly damp paper-towel? Windex?

4. Sid1

Sid1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i use that same cloth to clean the screen as well, gets rid of all the fingerprints lol

5. chiaroscurist

chiaroscurist Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Use microfiber cloth. If you wear glasses, you can use the cloth that came with your glasses because it is designed to not leave any scratches and remove dirt and oil from your glasses. I use the cloth that came with HP for cleaning the case and my glasses microfiber cloth for my LCD screen. Works like a charm.

6. SGS

SGS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I used the cloth that came with my glasses, and that pretty much did the job. I used a damp paper towel to get rid of a couple of stains or watermarks or something. Thanks for your help!

7. envador

envador Newbie

Reputations:
    I keep accidentally brushing up against the touchpad with my right palm. I've changed the touchpad settings to maximum palmcheck but i still trigger it sometimes.

I'm thinking about getting a palm rest (the thin microfiber kind) and hoping it will elevate my hand far enough away from the touchpad. My old compaq had the touchpad shifted more to the left; I never had any problems on it.

Also, the laptop palm rest area is too smooth. Any sweat will make that area feel sticky. I think the palm rest will solve that issue too.

Just my 2 cents.

8. yllis1

yllis1 Newbie

Reputations:
    hi everybody,

i bought a hp pavilion dv6426us but when i open the lid, near the top right corner of the display it says "hp pavilion dv6000" - does a dv6426 fall under the dv6000 series, or has the notebook been mislabled?

oh, and another thing, the "esc" and "~" keys have a hallow feel to them - is this normal? [maybe there's an empty bay beneath the keys..?]

kindest regards. :)

9. Broadus

Broadus Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, dv6000 is the series; dv6426us is the particular configuration you have.

There is a little difference in those keys, particularly the ESC key, because of their position. Nothing to be concerned about.

Hope you enjoy your computer.

Bill

10. yllis1

yllis1 Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks bill,

does your dv6275 say dv6000 on the top right corner edge of the display?

on the dv6426us there's a part next to the integrated webcam which says "hp pavilion dv6000"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.