Dude, wheres my Dell

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sequoia225, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galliano

galliano Newbie

Reputations:
    Damm DELL bastards!
    Just called to say its been delayed for a furhter 2 more weeks. They called yesterday to say will get tomorrow .. now story change again! WTF!

2. PizzaFace

PizzaFace Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey, dude you're getting a dell! You need to have a little patience. It is well worth the wait. I got my latitude D800 in one week, and it is soooo kick ass. Dell makes the best laptop, but just because they have an issue with the 5150, people start crying and say the whole product line sucks. With or without your 10% discount, you should be happy you're getting a dell.

If you can't wait any longer, change your order to a latitude. It is their business model, and you automatically get treated better by support and sales staff.

At the end of the day, all this obsolete crap comes from china, so it's not a terrible thing for you to shop eleswhere, but I stil recommend the dell.

3. galliano

galliano Newbie

Reputations:
    Reason they gave for the delay was the shortage of the graphic card. Seems they do have the 64mb version though, its available.

4. Sequoia225

Sequoia225 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mine has finally been upgraded to the "testing phase" on the website order status.
    Im a little frustrated but I still believe that Im getting what I want so I will be patient.

Besides, what are you all going to do once I DO get my 9100 and I dont have time to ramble on on this forum????

dave[;)]

5. galliano

galliano Newbie

Reputations:
    Cos i wanna use the 9100 to play games. Quite a few gd games coming out these few months . .Far Cry to start with. And i believe the 128Mb 9700 mobility should suffice.

Lucky for you bro ..that you got yr lappy on the testing stage.

6. Sequoia225

Sequoia225 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So I have read people have been told the battery, I was told the monitors and then I was told the processors. Now the video cards??
    I have to say its amazing that we are all delayed but no one gets a consistent answer.

And my computer being in testing doesnt mean anything to me.
    Well see when it comes.
    I ordered 3-3. I will certainly let you all know if and when I get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.