Dude, I am getting a new dell! 7390!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by kojack, May 28, 2019.

1. IntelUser

IntelUser Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not sure why its so expensive when the SSD can't even be upgraded. And compared to other 2-in-1s it doesn't excel on the thickness or the weight part. Icelake integrates more so it should help on both too. 2-in-1 function really starts making sense in the 2.6lbs or under range. XPS 13 7390 is still a tad bit heavy.

I think in the overall Project Athena certification is good, but lot of the industry is going to rely on it as an opportunity to create even higher end devices.

Watch the battery life on the Project Athena Icelake laptops to be absolutely kickass though.

2. bearflag

bearflag Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anyone know when in-depth reviews of this laptop will come out? Orders have been available for a few weeks now.

Also this seems like the only ice-lake laptop available, which seems odd (every other new laptop is Comet Lake 14nm).

3. jabbok

jabbok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Does anyone have one these? How is it for heat? I tried the older models but they seemed to get really hot.

4. Punisher5.0

Punisher5.0 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I ordered one last week. They must have dropped the prices because I got the FHD model with 32GB of RAM and 512GB of storage for $15XX. Should get to me in early November.

5. jabbok

jabbok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wow that's a good price I am in Canada and I was quoted around 2700.00 mind you that is with the UHD touch screen but still almost another $1200.00

6. Punisher5.0

Punisher5.0 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah thats about what the price for the UHD screen and 1TB SSD is in the US too. Thats too much for an ultrabook. You could buy a very high end gaming laptop for that much. Im perfectly fine with FHD and can increase storage with a microsd card. I'll probably get the 1TB Sandisk when they drop more in price.

7. jabbok

jabbok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am going to wait to see what Black Friday deals there may be as I am not spending that much for a laptop or I may just go with the regular 13" as opposed to the 2 in 1. It really is too bad our Canadian dollar sucks.

8. GaryPitts

GaryPitts Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I got mine yesterday. i7, 16GB and 512GB SSD with 4 year onsite and Complete Care. Got all my stuff restored to it and programs installed yesterday. Today when I get home I'll actually start using it. It looks like a really nice machine and I'll probably use it for the next 4 years. Sucks that you can't upgrade the SSD, but where I'm at today, I've got about 85GB to spare on a 500GB drive, so I think I'll be OK. I really don't do a whole lot with my PC except surf and email and keep all my pics and music. First impression is that it's a really nice machine :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  9. jabbok

jabbok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I hope you like it and for sure come back and let us know how it performs, I am sure you will be good with the specs that you got and it does suck you can't upgrade the SSD.

10. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I’m hoping to order mine ASAP. But they only 16 gb models available in Canada. I want the 1tb 32gb ram model.