Drop your favorite quotes here :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wild05kid05, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
  4. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    "Science cannot move forward without heaps!"

- Prof. H. Farnsworth

killkenny1 likes this.
  5. ArazelEternal

ArazelEternal Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    There can be no justice so long as laws are absolute. Even life itself is an exercise in exceptions. - Jean - Luc Picard

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life.

You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy. "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

Jean-Luc Picard
    : We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again.
    Worf: I believed her. I... helped her. I did not see her for what she was.

Jean-Luc Picard: Mr. Worf, villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Worf
    : I think... after yesterday people will not be so ready to trust her.
    Jean-Luc Picard: Maybe. But she, or someone like her, will always be with us. Waiting for the right climate in which to flourish, spreading fear in the name of righteousness. [...] Vigilance, Mr. Worf. That is the price we must continually pay.

Even if the world overflows with things we would rather not know, is all we can do is avert our eyes and run away? Are we really that cowardly? Running away solves Nothing. - Kyouske from Little Busters

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful - Anton Szandor LaVey

• The Roman god, Lucifer, was the bearer of light, the spirit of the air, the personification of enlightenment. […] It has been said "the truth will make men free". The truth alone has never set anyone free. It is only DOUBT which will bring mental emancipation. Without the wonderful element of doubt, the doorway through which truth passes would be tightly shut, impervious to the most strenuous poundings of a thousand Lucifers
    • After an inferior man has been taught a doctrine of superiority he will remain as inferior as he was before his lesson. He will merely assume himself to be superior, and attempt to employ his recently-learned tactics against his own kind, whom he will then consider his inferiors. With each inferior man enjoying what he considers his unique role, the entire bunch will be reduced to a pack of strutting, foppish, self-centered monkeys gamboling about on an island of ignorance. There they will play their games under the supervision of their keeper, who was and will always be a superior man.
    • Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do? I swear, for his own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look, but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, but don't swallow. And while you're jumping from one foot to the next, what is He doing? He's laughing his sick, f***ing ass off! He's a tightass! He's a sadist! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? Never!

Fishon likes this.
  6. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
  7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    "Where would rock and roll be without feedback" - David Gilmour during The Dark Side Of The Moon recording sessions.

Dragnoak and Fishon like this.
  8. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    The master of feedback...

killkenny1 likes this.
  9. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Reputations:
    It`s not a Quote, But a Japanese rule i read today, How common it is another thing, I just thought it was a good idea in principal.

John.

10. killkenny1

Reputations: