[Drivers] HP ENVY 15-3XXX / ENVY 17-3XXX (INTEL)

Discussion in 'HP' started by justinkw1, Dec 7, 2011.

1. biffbunk

biffbunk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The thing about the brightness is fairly simple. I have experience with your problem, where the brightness wont work and also the video will not switch from amd to intel video. The simple fix is to remove all video drivers and start over. Use the amd tool to remove any left overs. Then, Install the very first driver that the laptop came with. I cant provide a link because my model may not be the same as your model. The reason to first install the factory video drive is to get the video working as it was from factory with all factory capabilities, namely the brightness and the video switching. Then, the next thing you must do is install the latest amd driver but do NOT fully install the entire program. AMD catalyst will give you the option to install everything or just some parts of the software. Choose JUST THE DRIVER. This will leave the factory AMD software as it is but updrade the drivers! This will enhance the performance but not cause errors. Then upgrade your Intel Video drivers using Intels upgrade utility found on its drivers website. It will find the latest driver for your laptop and install it. If the intel upgrade utility cant find a driver then you have done something wrong during the factory driver install. I found that if installing drivers other than the factory drivers FIRST, then trying to upgrade will have problems. After you have upgraded everything, install the provided brightness registry hack on the first page and it does work everytime! but remember to always reboot after every install.

Ive had this 17T 3200 for 2.5 years or more now and it still is very fast and reliable. I cant see myself upgrading for a long time. The biggest upgrade I would recommend to everyone is to get a SATA hard drive! The other upgrade I did was to replace the factory ram with performance ram with better timings. The ram wasnt such a big performance but the SATA was a huge difference. If you get a sata goahead and get the Msata. Take advantage of that Msata slot and use the other 2 hard drive bays for extra large storage drives.

After these 2 simple upgrades and then upgrading the video drivers, the windows index went way up and doing benchmarks increased by a huge amount!

2. biffbunk

biffbunk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, now, All this talk of Windows 10 made me try it. Thank the good lord, that I didnt actually pay for it cause it sucks! Lets see, the forcing onto me to download updates and no way of stoppng it. The drivers that it installs that dont work right. The ugly mono toned colors of blue and black it uses with the blocky theme. The odd way it tried to mesh the start menu with the apps menu that win 8 had. I could go on and on but I wont. Ill just highly highly suggest to start looking for Ubuntu laptops or maybe Apple. For me? Ill be looking into Ubuntu. Im done with Windows. This laptop will stay with Win7 till it falls apart. Then Ill find a good Ubuntu rig...

My 2 cents...

Here is a great vid showing you just how stupid Windows 10 is... Dont install it.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  3. g4062918

g4062918 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That post above is one of the stupidest things I've read recently.

Go troll somewhere else, this topic is not for discusing Win10 itself.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  4. HP3090

HP3090 Newbie

Reputations:
    Is that stat of the AMD dedicated GPU 7690m having 1gb GDDR5 actually correct? I think it is GDDR3....

edit: posted this in the wrong thread, can't delete. sorry

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  5. crackjack

crackjack Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi every one,
    I have a hp envy 15t-3200 (HP ENVY 15-3200) and recently install window 10 update for free.
    Of course i get brightness issue, which is a big problem for me, as I can't change brightness using buttons and from control panel.
    As you may know there are a FIX for this problem in window 7 and 8, you can look for it Googling "Fix Brightness Control for Windows 8 AMD SG Drivers", but it doesn't work for windows 10.
    So I make some changes and here is the reg file for fix this problem (just start it and click confirm):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8Arc_O6Q8waVR3S0lpbkVUejQ/view?usp=sharing

Or you can do it manually:
    Press win + R
    enter regedit
    press ctrl + F
    enter FeatureTestControl

And in two directories, showing below, find parameter "FeatureTestControl" and change his value to "0000ffff"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\intelkmd

Make sure you making changes in "4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318"

Reboot afterwards!

And you'll have it!

6. gieffe22

gieffe22 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    news about idt audio? on my pc idt audio panel still doesnt work and every time i put earphones i have to go in sound devices and change audio level khz to let sound correctly

7. crackjack

crackjack Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm using this driver for win10, and it works smoothly: sp58811

HP envy 15-3200

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
  8. doctorman

doctorman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  9. cicetto

cicetto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anyone had fn+f12 toggle on/off airplane mode (wi-fi) working? mine did not work under windows 10 pro.

10. TechStock

TechStock Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know this is an old laptop, but is anyone running windows 10 experiencing or have experienced ATI HD 7700m driver issues. My 15t-3200 cto is crashing with all newer than 15.7 catalyst drivers. Windows 10 wants to install newer drivers before it will update now. I have managed in the past by disabling the ATI card in device manager, but creators update will not install because it automatically enables and updates the ATI card. Updating the drivers indefinitely hangs the laptop. Anyone deal with this or have ideas?