[Drivers] HP ENVY 15-3XXX / ENVY 17-3XXX (INTEL)

Discussion in 'HP' started by justinkw1, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Reaper71

Reaper71 Newbie

Reputations:
    Does my BIOS not store my personal information? If I were to copy and send it to you, would you not be able to gain access to things like my computer name and the like?

And how would I go about downgrading the BIOS? Do I just track down an earlier version and install it over the newer version? Or is it more complicated than that?

2. VonCrisp

VonCrisp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have searched my DSDT for my serial number and came up empty just now. It is the reflection of your BIOS but in ram. That is the only thing which it could store if it did. Computer name etc is all software based.

I cannot pm you since you do not have enough posts. funky . mike @g-m-a-i-l.com . Without the spaces and minuses.

All you need to do is to flash an earlier BIOS. Ensure that you also have the current BIOS available and downloaded incase you need to upgrade again.

However during the process of downgrading the InsydeFlash tool might tell you that the current BIOS is already up to date, restricting you from downgrading.

In that case:

open the folder where InsydeFlash extracted

open platform.ini

navigate to:
    [Bios_Version_Check]
    and set to: 1

3. Reaper71

Reaper71 Newbie

Reputations:
    Very well then; I'll go through this process and get back to you sometime in the next few days. Do you know where I could download an earlier BIOS update? I heard that F.06 is the best one for these sorts of things...

4. VonCrisp

VonCrisp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    roger!

Fairly straight forward:

on the HP driver support page it has previous versions :D

5. Rex-i7

Rex-i7 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi, I have 17t-3200 with AMD7850. I currently have the HP driver sp58812 installed (2012 version) with registry fix applied on Windows 8.1. My dimming/brightness button still isn't working and has been like this for about 1 year and half or so with having an external IPS monitor as a work around. I was kind of hoping HP has released a new version driver now to fix this and found out it is still the same driver on the HP website.

I have tried going to device manager and applying Microsoft adapter driver to the Intel 4000 and my brightness/dimming button finally worked but then at the price of losing switching graphics capability. I've installed/reinstalled various drivers (including trying Win7 HP drivers) for 2 weeks now and is very frustrating. As much as possible I don't want to do a fresh re-install or roll back to Win 7 as I don't want to reinstall presets, plug-ins and software I already have set-up on this laptop.

Can anyone please help me or direct me to a driver that would fix this?

6. fauger

fauger Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone tried to install Windows 10? Will it be possible/good?
    I tried Windows 8 before, but reinstalled Windows 7. One of the many reasons: fan and cooling control was totally broken and my laptop kept overheating.
    ps. I currently run Windows 7 on HP Envy 17-3095ca

7. tonv

tonv Newbie

Reputations:
    Tried Win10 beta, seems to work fine, but did run into this issue with screen brightness. All else looked good, I will try again once Win10 is released...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

fauger likes this.
  8. cicetto

cicetto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I installed Catalyst_14.12_Omega_UnifL_v1.0 with Intel - F900, Intelkmd - F840 brightness worked

9. Rex-i7

Rex-i7 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok, I'm going to take a deep breath and going to try this out. By the way, Microsoft store near my place offers free check and repair for any computer with Windows. I brought my Envy, they looked and tried to fix it for 3 days and told me they can't fix it! Told me to wait for Windows 10 or roll back to Windows 7. They said is HP or AMD thing! Lol!

10. MC10

MC10 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank God for this thread. How many times I've had to reinstall Windows on my laptop...