[Drivers] HP ENVY 15-1XXX (INTEL)

Discussion in 'HP' started by justinkw1, Oct 17, 2009.

1. bubzers

bubzers Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Which driver version do you have installed? And which version(s) are you trying to install?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

2. quasi13

quasi13 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Maybe give this option a try:
    AMD Catalyst

This utility on Win 8 64-bit prompted me to download a "reference" Mobility Radeon driver (Catalyst 12.10, including CCC)

I did a before and after Windows Experience Index (default WDDM 1.2 driver vs. Catalyst 12.10), but there was no change in either of the two graphics metrics across runs (6.7). I did take screen grabs of the drivers-installed list before and after. The driver version did change from 8.87 to 9.2, also different INF name.
    SystemInformation_catalyst.png SystemInformation_Initial.png WEI_catalyst.png WEI_initial.png

Edit: attached screens of CCC software info from envy along with my desktop with a 6870. Looks good to me! :D
    CCC_info_desktop6870.png CCC_info_envy5830.png

Edit: just so it's clear, I have a 5830.

On a side note, the rating of the SSD went from 6.8 to 7.3 after switching power modes (balanced to performance, not pictured). Could be random/coincidental difference or could be a power setting.

3. leukybear

leukybear Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys there's finally salvation with the conflict b/w some lackluster custom HP ATI catalyst drivers and Windows 8 BSOD'ing on install:

Windows 8 on HP Envy 15-1050nr « Marcelo Azuma

I can confirm this works!

On another note, I will not be buying another HP laptop in a long time seeing how they treat their customers. Especially those who dropped the kind of money we did for their highest end model at the time.

4. bfaber

bfaber Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I tried this.. 'no go for me on my 1050nr. The machine faults on the first reboot (after base-fresh install) before I can even get to the point to load the HP driver.

5. bfaber

bfaber Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    This worked for me:

Ezra Scotts' Life Stuffs: Upgrading to / Installing Windows 8 on an HP Envy 15

When i restored onto my laptop I had to boot into safe mode and manually 'update driver' and point to the HP-versions before it would really start up. 'PITA, but I'm on Win8 now... 'definitely much faster startup.

6. justinkw1

justinkw1 Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    12/14/2012
    • Updated: Intel Rapid Storage Technology, version 11.7.0.1013.
    • Updated: IDT High Definition Audio driver, version 6.10.6433.0.

7. T2050

T2050 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have been searching for the right thread to post in, most are old, but anyway. I have been able to update my video drivers for the 5830M to version 12.10, but the only issue I have is soon as I try and overclock, it even just overclocked slightly the screen flickers with blank horizontal lines.

The only way I can have an overclock if to use the drivers from HP which are really old now, like about 2.5 years old.

Is there anyway to have the latest official AMD drivers for the 5830M and sustain a overclock with any graphical errors on the screen?

BTW. The same thing happened when I tried to run 12.11 beta on my Alienware 6970M

8. abat119

abat119 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey, so is this thread still alive? it's been almost 3 months since the last post...

9. brightonbob

brightonbob Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi

This thread has helped me so much much since I purchased my HP Envy. Looks like the thread is now dead. A big thank you to all that have contributed.

Thanks to all the issues on the Envy (slow, expensive, propriety, lack of HP support etc) I have vowed to never buy any other HP product/service!

10. justinkw1

justinkw1 Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    04/25/2013
    • Updated: Intel Chipset Device Software, version 9.4.0.1017.
    • Updated: Intel Rapid Storage Technology, version 12.0.0.1083.
    • Updated: Intel Rapid Storage Technology, version 12.5.0.1066.
    • Updated: Intel WiFi driver (and software), version 15.4.0.11 for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
    • Updated: Intel WiFi driver (and software), version 15.4.1.1 for Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Will be adding some more updated drivers shortly...

Driver thread updates have slowed down significantly (this is partially due to my lack of available time unfortunately). I will be decommissioning some of the older driver threads soon, as the support and popularity of these notebooks have been waning for some time now - this thread alone has been up since 2009! It's great to see that some of you are still expressing an interest though, and I'd like to similarly thank everyone here for their continuous support. :)