[Drivers] HP dv6-4XXX / dv6-6XXX / dv7-5XXX / dv7-6XXX / ENVY 14-2XXX / ENVY 17-2XXX (INTEL)

Discussion in 'HP' started by justinkw1, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonormal

tonormal Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I install AMD Catalyst 15.7 in Windows 8.1 Pro. It's excellent driver

2. CarlosD

CarlosD Newbie

Reputations:
    It would be pretty cool if we had W10 support :\

3. BYTCRS10

BYTCRS10 Newbie

Reputations:
    I did a windows update from 8.1 to 10 all drivers from hp seem to work, but the only one that is giving me a hard time is the graphics driver. I am aware of Leshcat drivers but the problem with them is that the ATI card is always running so the system gets hot. Now what I've done is i installed the 14.4 Leshcat drivers in 8.1 I updated directly from the windows update and the driver seemed to have worked in 10 but i do advised that once 10 is installed disable hardware update from windows 10. I checked with SpeedFan and it seems that the ATI driver is not active which is good because previously when using 15.7 leshcat drivers the GPU was at a constant 52 degrees Celsius. Now onto another problem because of this when you restart the system it seems to take some time for the graphics driver to start at first it might seem like the system is not responding but after a while the screen turns on, and the system functions normally this issue is also present when waking from sleep the screen stays off but after about 2 minutes the system wakes up and functions properly. Windows 10 runs great on the Dv6t, but if only we would get a proper driver from HP which I doubt we will as we never got one for Windows 8.

4. TheBigOne

TheBigOne Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also installed Windows 10. The graphics drivers installed from Windows 10 are working fine. Don't know about the IDT drivers, did not install them, are they working fine on Windows 10?

5. BYTCRS10

BYTCRS10 Newbie

Reputations:
  6. Paplu Rabha

Paplu Rabha Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I found this thread a few months ago while searching for Windows 8.1 drivers for my DV6 6121tx. Many thanks to the OP for organizing all the required drivers under one thread.

I recently installed Windows 10 as the free upgrade. Now, after upgrading everthing was running okay, no driver problem at all. I didn't even require to install many drivers after a fresh format because Windows 10 provides the necessary drivers via automatic windows updates. But I still wanted the Beats audio driver and interface and the HP 3D Driveguard because these cannot be provided by windows update.

So, after installation of Beats audio drivers from here, I found that the audio effects were not working. Then, I reverted back to the original Beats audio driver by HP for Windows 7 for my laptop and it worked fine.

So, I would like to know other people's experience on Windows 10 if they have installed the driver from here.

7. gyoung345

gyoung345 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just upgraded my dv7t-6000 CTO to Windows 10. I didn't install any drivers, just what Windows 10 upgraded them to. I am having a bit of an issue with waking from sleep and I suspect it is graphics related. When waking from sleep, the laptop lights illuminate; however, the screen is black and the only fix is to shut it down by holding power and powering back up.

Is there a way to get the AMD and Intel switchable graphics? My BIOS is F.1B which gives me no options in the BIOS.

8. Paplu Rabha

Paplu Rabha Newbie

Reputations:
    Try using custom drivers like Leshcat and see if that happens. I can set to sleep, hibernate without any problem. I have the same BIOS too but I'm using a modified one. Anyway, that won't matter because I haven't changed any setting in the BIOS.

9. gyoung345

gyoung345 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Paplu, which drivers are you using? If you don't mind me asking?

10. Paplu Rabha

Paplu Rabha Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm using the leshcat 15.7 v1.2 driver now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.