[Drivers] HP dv6-4XXX / dv6-6XXX / dv7-5XXX / dv7-6XXX / ENVY 14-2XXX / ENVY 17-2XXX (INTEL)

Discussion in 'HP' started by justinkw1, Feb 19, 2011.

1. justinkw1

justinkw1 Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    There might be some additional drivers that you will need to install -- can you go into the Device Manager and look for a Bluetooth adapter?

The first post does not have a Bluetooth driver (and neither does the HP support page either), and I'm trying to figure out what type of Bluetooth adapter the Envy 14-2XXX uses. If you can find who manufactures the adapter, I'll be able to post the driver for it.

2. neothe0ne

neothe0ne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Fun fact I just discovered when trying to run that: the dv6t-6100 does not use the Ralink/Motorola Bluetooth device.

The dv6100 contains a Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth 3.0 driver in the swsetup folder.

So you need to make note that dv6t-6000 and dv6t-6100 are different.

3. Falco152

Falco152 Notebook Demon

Reputations:
    Well, the Intel CTO which you are referring to does use the BCM2070.

However, this is not consistent with retail models such has 60xx and 61xx which may have something else similar instead.

This thread and his other driver threads are designed for people who are bright enough to double check their system configuration and download drivers accordingly.

4. justinkw1

Reputations:
    Good to know, I've added the Broadcom Bluetooth drivers as well.

07/23/2011
    • Added Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth driver.
    • Updated Intel Chipset Device Software to version 9.2.0.1031.
    • Added HP SimplePass Software by DigitalPersona version 5.2.0.205.

The Intel Chipset Device Software update is a minor one, so no need to update if you had already applied 9.2.0.1030.

5. justinkw1

Reputations:
    07/25/2011
    • Updated HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor to version 4.2.2.1 (driver) / 4.1.10.1 (software).

6. neothe0ne

neothe0ne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    lol? You calling me dumb?

Device Manager doesn't happen to call the Bluetooth adapter anything before you install drivers. It's not like this thread lists the device ID's for each driver either so I don't know how you think anyone's supposed to be able to know.

7. Falco152

Falco152 Notebook Demon

Reputations:
    Just there are many way to determine them.

I list a couple of ways.

You can look it up under System Information. (A complete printout is nice to keep)
    Also, you can look at the hardware ID in the device manger.
    It is more than enough to determine what it is.

If you skip doing some research before doing a clean install .... uh good luck ....

8. pinkydoe

pinkydoe Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi justinkw1 thanks for maintaining the thread (subscribed for future updates :D!). Was very useful when I did a clean install on my HP Envy 14 2013tx.

For the benefit of any other owners who are not happy with their switchable graphics see: HP Envy 14-2013tx switchable graphics not working. - HP Support Forum

It's kind of frustrating, hope the promised BIOS update will come soon. If anyone has found a work-around, please let us know. Thanks!

9. metril

metril Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @neonthe0ne

You may not know what each hardware ID is what, but Google does. How is anyone supposed to know?!?! INTERNETS SEARCH (Did anyone catch the sutle humor?)

Furthermore, the bluetooth adapter is listed with "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator" or something along those lines as long as bluetooth is turned on.

10. Datamonkey

Datamonkey Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just to say excellent work,

I have just bought an HP DV6-6060SA here in the UK which is new out here........ so i am told!! but looks like it has B2 revision chipset ho hum.

The odd thing is i cannot find any support pages on the HP website for the DV6-6060SA anyone know why?

Is the laptop listed under a generic group? Sorry new to HP's always been a Dell and Alienware user my m17x r2 is in for repair but i digress.

Anyways this thread has been a god send as it has all the drivers in one place :) Thanks