1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

[Drivers] HP dv6-4XXX / dv6-6XXX / dv7-5XXX / dv7-6XXX / ENVY 14-2XXX / ENVY 17-2XXX (INTEL)

Discussion in 'HP Drivers and Software Forum' started by justinkw1, Feb 19, 2011.

1. newsposter

newsposter Notebook Virtuoso

Available direct from Intel....

GMA HD 8.15.10.2476
    (Wired ProSet is at 16.4, but not too many HP machines use Intel ethernet controllers)

2. justinkw1

justinkw1 Super Moderator Super Moderator

Thanks newsposter, it's now up on the first post.

08/17/2011
    • Updated Intel Chipset Device Software to version 9.2.2.1034.
    • Updated Intel HD Graphics driver to version 8.15.10.2476 (15.22.8[.64].2476) / 6.14.0.3074 (Audio).

3. justinkw1

Lots of updates today:

08/19/2011
    • Updated BIOS to version F.0F for dv6-4XXX / dv7-429X / dv7-5XXX.
    • Updated links to Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller driver version 2.1.19.0.
    • Updated Synaptics TouchPad driver to version 15.3.5.0.
    • Updated Synaptics TouchPad driver to version 15.3.11.0.
    • Updated Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth driver package to version 6.5.0.2000.

The BIOS update is for dv6-4XXX / dv7-429X / dv7-5XXX notebooks. Be sure to follow safe flashing guidelines!

The current Renesas USB 3.0 driver is now directly linked from HP (it's the same version as the one that Intel provided).

A txt file with detailed release notes is located within the Synaptics TouchPad 15.3.11.0 package.

Also note that Broadcom Bluetooth driver component versions may differ from the package's version number.

4. snowmonster

snowmonster Notebook Enthusiast

I am having issues with the IDT High Definition Audio driver version 6.10.6351.0 update. When I update it, the speaker icon on the right side of the taskbar has a red x over it, indicating that the driver isn't functioning correctly. After a restart, Windows gives me an error message: "An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application, etc. etc. Element not found. The error number it gives is 0x80070490. Reverting to the previous driver version resolves the issue and I no longer get the error message.

5. jaginsf

jaginsf Newbie

Hi and thank you for this amazing thread. What a wonderful resource! :)

I just got a dv7-6100 and planning to do a clean retail install of Windows 7. I'm wondering what is the best order to install the following drivers:

-Intel Chipset Device Software
    -Intel Management Engine Interface
    -AMD Radeon HD 6770M

Thanks! :)

6. justinkw1

The order that you currently have it in is fine. (This would be my preferred order as well for just these three)

7. SebasMiles

SebasMiles Notebook Enthusiast

Can you please update Intel Management Engine Interface?

I cant find it on the Intel driver website.

8. justinkw1

Thanks, I removed the current version that was posted since the download link no longer works.

9. sc2crew

sc2crew Newbie

hey guys, I'm just about to receive my dv6t quad edition in the mail, and i had a quick question about fresh installing windows/reinstalling drivers. i followed the steps in this guide to create a USB windows 7 installer, and i'm planning to do a clean install. Afterwards, i'm planning to use this utility to back up the OEM installation. afterwards, i'm assuming I download the Drivers? do i download/install every driver except for the ones clearly marked as incompatible with my computer? any tips/tricks and difficulties that i should know about?

i'm kinda new to the fresh windows/install-every-necessary-thing, but i really appreciate any help i can get!! :D

Specs:
    • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    • 2nd generation Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz
    • 1GB GDDR5 Radeon(TM) HD 6770M Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
    • FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    • 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
    • No Additional Office Software
    • No additional security software
    • 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.5 hours of battery life +++
    • 15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366x768)
    • FREE Upgrade to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
    • HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
    • Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN with Wireless Display Support
    • Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
    • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

10. justinkw1

Yes, or you can download the drivers before you perform the clean install and save the setup files to a backup source (such as a USB flash drive or external hard drive). That way, you can use them later in the event where you may have no Internet connectivity.

Yes. Before you perform the clean install, take a look at the Device Manager to see what you do/don't have. The specs that you provided above also provide good indicators as to what you do/don't need.

It may be daunting to do a clean install for the first time - but you won't regret it! Once you do a clean install, it will be easy to do again (if necessary). Best of luck, and please post if you do encounter any difficulties! :)

11. Alf Tanner

Alf Tanner Notebook Consultant

I'm confused with the description of the graphics drivers. If you have the SB envy 2xxx series with both the Intel HD graphics and the 6850m discrete card do you install both of them?

12. justinkw1

For the ENVY 17-2XXX series, only install the AMD Radeon driver - it includes the Intel Switchable Graphics driver.

The Intel HD Graphics driver is for dv6-6XXX / dv7-6XXX notebooks with integrated graphics only.

13. shubhangam

shubhangam Notebook Enthusiast

Hey, thanks for this wonderful guide

I just purchased a dv6-6121tx and am about to do a clean install

I have one question -

Is it recommended to install the AMD Radeon driver package from HP itself or is there a 11.8 driver equivalent which supports the switchable graphics?

(I ask because I had a dv6-1154tx and it seems that HP don't really update the graphics drivers a lot and AMD keeps coming out with new drivers)

Thanks

14. albider

albider Newbie

This question really interests me too... any ideas???

15. Bobmitch

Bobmitch Notebook Virtuoso

What I have done in the past, and it has worked for others as well. First, install the most up to date HP drivers for your build...get them from your support page...

Then, download the AMD Catalyst 11.8 drivers here:

AMD Catalyst 11.8 WHQL (8.881 July 28) - Download & Discussion - Guru3D.com Forums

You want the Mobility drivers

DO NOT uninstall your HP drivers. Leave them alone. Start the installation for the 11.8 cats...when given the choice...choose CUSTOM installation. Choose to install everything BUT Catalyst Control Center. This will update your drivers and other apps and leave CCC intact, as HP has written for Switchable graphics.

I have successfully updated my AMD drivers on my Envy 18 3D and my son's Pavillion dv7tqe. The HP version of CCC still will be contained and switchable graphics still works...

16. cpufox

cpufox Newbie

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (SATA AHCI)
    10.6.0.1002 >> 1022 current shipped on HP Envy 14-SB Aug 14

17. Alf Tanner

mine didnt give me the option to not install CCC. Do I uninstall the HP version and then reinstall it afterwards? The generic ATI installer said CCC was installed and up to date.

18. Bobmitch

Did you choose CUSTOM install? You have to do a custom install of the 11.8's and NOT uninstall the HP version. Make sure the HP version installs correctly first...make sure that CCC runs...then do the 11.8's CUSTOM

19. Alf Tanner

Here is a snapshot of the custom install of the 11.8 from the link earlier:

Attached Files:

20. Bobmitch

What happens if you install CCC???