[Drivers] HP dv6-2XXX / dv7-3XXX / dv8 / HDX16 / HDX18 (INTEL)

Discussion in 'HP' started by justinkw1, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justinkw1

justinkw1 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thanks for confirming that the DriveGuard driver is working in Windows 7. I was not able to test whether the DriveGuard driver was working because I don't have a laptop with a hard drive that utilizes this feature. I've added the designation now.

2. Axel Foley

Axel Foley Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No problem...glad to help...:)

3. DJRiful

DJRiful Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I love this thread which is great to keep all HDX users up to dated with Windows 7.

I feel that the HP Support is a bit behind.

4. DJRiful

Reputations:
    Any of you ever have issue with the Smartmedia Menu (On Screen Display) that keeps on crashing or freezing up randomly?

I really hate HP programming, poor HP softwares and bugged all time but their hardwares are solid.

5. justinkw1

Reputations:
    An NVIDIA graphics driver update for Windows Vista and Windows 7 is now available on the original post. This driver originates from the Microsoft Update Catalog.

08/21/2009
    • Updated NVIDIA GeForce graphics driver to version 186.42 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.

It is strongly recommended that you first uninstall all previous drivers prior to installing this new one.

6. Oldroser

Oldroser Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    About the Intel Matrix Storage Manager:

The laptop I first got in early January I think had, on the menu, something Intel which opened to show the state of your hard drive. My current laptop, which I received in late January, roughly, does not have that. I asked our Canadian HDX technician about this and she immediately said "Intel Matrix Storage Manager." She said I could go to Recovery Manager/Advanced/Hardware Drivers. However, it wasn't there. She then just supposed that they had deleted it because it wasn't useful or something.

I had a bookmark that lead me to Program Files\Intel\Intel Storage Manager...but it now says that location is missing.

BUT in HP System Information, under Software, Installed Drivers is... Intel Matrix Storage Manager 6.2.0.1019 !

The desktop link you posted looks too complicated for this lady to wade into. But I'd like the one I had. Or how to revive the files that go with the driver I have installed.

Anyone have this on their laptop? If so, pllease PM me/upload it and post the location. It's just a little, niggly thing, but it irritates me no end not to have it.

7. DJRiful

Reputations:
    Well for Nvidia updates... I rather look into LaptopVideo2Go most of the time.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/

They have series 190.xx for a while and I am using 190.40 Vista64 on my HDX without issues.

8. Axel Foley

Reputations:
    I wonder why nVidia didn't release these drivers on their site.

Anyway, they just released v190.62 WHQL for desktops.

I'll wait for the modded inf and will install these. :)

9. Axel Foley

Reputations:
  10. justinkw1

Reputations:
    It is fine if you post modded drivers -- even though they are not "officially official" drivers, some people might feel adventurous...after all, this is basically a thread dedicated to getting the latest drivers to work for the HDX16/HDX18. :D I just post WHQL certified drivers because they are original, and usually require no modifications beyond downloading it and executing the setup file.

Just use good judgement and post modded drivers if you feel it is major and most of all important. Besides, if you post modded drivers from time to time, it gives the thread a bump. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.