1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

[Drivers] HP dv6-2XXX / dv7-3XXX / dv8 / HDX16 / HDX18 (INTEL)

Discussion in 'HP Drivers and Software Forum' started by justinkw1, Jul 30, 2009.

1. justinkw1

justinkw1 Super Moderator Super Moderator

@lovelaptops: The only fix that HP has documented for the new dv8 BIOS F.17 is:

Since I don't own a dv8, I can't really tell you if this update is working reliably or not, sorry. :( From the notes, it looks like this release was further meant to fix any issues that were occurring during the flash procedure to F.15 (and this is why the BIOS releases were taken off).

2. justinkw1

New official NVIDIA graphics drivers for notebooks are now available and now up on the first post! :) Unfortunately, the GeForce GT 320M is still omitted from this release, so notebooks using this card must continue to use 188.17.

Visit http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=471566 for general discussion on these new drivers, and remember to look over the Important Information section!

03/29/2010
    • Updated NVIDIA GeForce graphics driver to version 8.17.11.9716 (197.16).

3. windstrings

windstrings Notebook Deity

This may be old hat to most, but I'm gonna post these instructions anyway:

Until installing over the old drivers without an uninstall first becomes trustworthy do this:

1. Download the new drivers, but do not install yet.

2. Uninstall the old display drivers via Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

3. Restart.

4. Set resolution to higher "or max" or the install screen will leave you without abilities to see the "next" button to continue installation. "don't turn up before initial restart as after reboot it goes back to lowest settings"

5. Install the new drivers.

6. Restart.

4. misko903

misko903 Newbie

how about to add broadcom 43224AG wifi a/b/g/n draft cards?

5. alunas

alunas Newbie

fantastic! this thread has helped me allot with my new dv6...

6. lovelaptops

lovelaptops MY FRIENDS CALL ME JEFF!

I'm sorry, but am I the only one FOMC laughing from this? So, you are supposed to flash F.17 so that you can then flash F.12 so that you can then "upgrade" to F.15 without having an "intermittent flash read error" ?!!!

Where do I begin? Nah, forget it. You either get the irony or you don't. I'm sticking with F.06; if it was good enough in November, it's good enough now ;)

7. aletaziar

aletaziar Newbie

FYI, the F.13 A BIOS link for the dv6/dv7 no longer works.

8. windstrings

windstrings Notebook Deity

If I've had a device long enough to do a firmware update I "always" save the updated firmware to hardrive somewhere... that way if you update again you have something to go back to as older firmware is not always offered should you have issues with the latest.

9. aletaziar

aletaziar Newbie

[​IMG]

Me too. I was just away from my usb drive and wanted to try something for my bios so I tried to get it from here. It was dead, and since it's for the most recent bios for the dv6/dv7, I thought I'd let the OP know so he could update the driver list. After further thought I've uploaded the F.13 A bios here in case a mirror is needed for future users.

10. justinkw1

@misko903: I will probably add the Broadcom wireless LAN drivers soon -- does anyone else need them? If you currently need them, go to the dv3 or dv4 driver threads that I also manage for the latest Broadcom wireless LAN drivers.

@aletaziar: Thanks for notifying me -- I just removed the official links from the first post. :)

For everyone: Now as for an update to the IDT High Definition Audio driver, I did find a newer version on HP's FTP site -- however, the INF shows significantly different products that are supported compared to version 6263 (see the subsys ID). I am posting the new package here to see if anyone can determine whether it is compatible with the notebooks, but in the meantime I am keeping 6263 up on the first post.

IDT High Definition Audio Codec
    Version: 6.10.6267.0 for Windows Vista and Windows 7
    Documentation: CVA, HTML
    Download: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47318.exe

11. Biker321

Biker321 Notebook Enthusiast

For me the new idt driver doesn´t work

it shows up a message that my hardware isn´t compatible

i have a HDX 16 1060eg

12. justinkw1

Thanks Biker321, that's why I just posted this on-the-fly to see if it was really compatible with the notebooks or not. :)

Today is the day where I'm join those who own a dv6t Quad Edition! See my sig for the specs of this new notebook that I will be using from here on in. Now I can even official call myself a user of this driver thread (with the privilege to edit, that is :D).

I had contacted HP support and the representative had told me that new BIOS releases (at least for the dv6t Quad and dv7t Quad) will be available within the next 24-48 hours. I have some doubts on this but we'll see. :)

13. Kuu

Kuu That Quiet Person

Do you make your sig yourself or something?

And have fun with that i7, just don't let it burn you~

14. khaledseif

khaledseif Notebook Evangelist

Congratulation, aside from the screen, it is a great machine. GT230 is better than GT320 as well.

15. aletaziar

aletaziar Newbie

I have a dv6t, it's awesome! i7 = <3

Also, I'm praying the new BIOS has power management features. I am tired of HP giving me nerfed controls :mad:

16. husky55

husky55 Notebook Evangelist

@justinkw1,

Congratulations on the new quadcore HP. I found that quad really makes a difference.

By the way, many thanks for the list of drivers and bios and comments, just want to say that, the new BIOS F17 for DV8 works great!!! It's been a long time coming but it now works!!!

:)

17. justinkw1

Yes, I make the sigs myself using Photoshop. The background you currently see comes from one of HP's support utilities.

I must say that I have been very impressed with the notebook. Yes, the screen resolution is on the low side, but I can't complain especially if the rest of the laptop is fully loaded. :)

There haven't been too many updates lately -- I'm using this time to re-install using the drivers on the first post. :D

18. Biker321

Biker321 Notebook Enthusiast

The Link from the newest IDT High Definition Audio Codec driver on the first page doesn´t work

Nice to hear that you are happy with you´re new notebook

19. justinkw1

I'm aware of this and will be changing it once I finish setting up the new notebook. I'm also aware of a newer JMicron Card Reader driver, which I will be updating as well. :)

20. Axel Foley

Axel Foley Notebook Consultant

Justin: It's great to see you're part of the family now...;)

I guess it's time to think about another HDX18, with an i7 inside...let's start hunting...:)

Happy Easter everybody...