Drivers for ATI 5650 and 6630 for HP Envy 14

Discussion in 'HP' started by ironman, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagusDraco

MagusDraco Biiiiiiirrrrdmaaaaaaan

Reputations:
    I would have checked this out if I had gotten my SSD later. Already set everything up through the old 10.6 hp --> 11.2 amd --> current amd update path for my envy 14 1xxx

2. ride215

ride215 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I'm trying to overclock my envy 14 with i7 2630qm and 6630m. I downloaded the 12.3 update on the first page and saphire trixx won't work, im just getting zero for core and memory, and the voltage isnt even there. Is there aspecial trick to get it to work? thanks

3. nwhidden

nwhidden Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    whats the best way to upgrade to the latest drivers without relying on ironman to release something.

Whats the drawback from downloading direct from ATI? What is the difference between the drivers on ATIs site and the ones in this thread?

4. MagusDraco

Reputations:
  5. cirial

cirial Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    This looks really interesting. Has anyone tried this? The only thing that scares me is the part where it installs a program to bypass unsigned drivers in Win7 x64.

6. Somnio

Somnio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Cirial: I suggested these as a fix for an user having weird problems switching graphics on his DV6 using the official package. He says that totally fixed the problem, so, they work!.
    But, yes, the drivers are not signed and Win x64 is not accepting unsigned drivers. There is also an utility that wipes out any ATI/Intel driver priot to install.

7. cirial

cirial Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've never used driver sweeper before. I took Magnus advice in another thread and uninstalled all AMD/ATI video drivers, rebooted and ran driver sweeper. After I rebooted I did stock 10.8 drivers and then installed 11.2. I didn't understand why I needed to go to 11.2 before 12.4 but I followed his advise anyway. Thankfully it worked and I have no artifact problems with Diablo 3. Thanks guys :)

8. MagusDraco

Reputations:
    the main reason you have to go 11.2 first is that for some Envy 14s you can't jump from stock 10.8 to 12.4. It will blue screen while installing the drivers.

I dunno why, but that's what mine does. I have to install 11.2 first, then the blue screen doesn't happen and everything is fine.

9. Shaizer

Shaizer Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey all, When you guys right click the catalyst control centre icon in the system tray icon, do you see only 1. Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics or can you also see the Radeon HD 6630M? I can only see the the Intel option and my CCC will never start up at all. I've tried reinstalling drivers etc. I have the ENVY 14 2020NR

10. rmartinezdl

rmartinezdl Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I see 2 intel hd, and 3 amd radeon lol

what is the leshcat.org webpage for if someone would mind to explain :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.