Dreadful situation Clevo P770ZM-G catastrophic failure

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Fastidious Reader, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So reading up in other threads involving the fall of Mythlogic chances of any recourse of getting anything done warranty wise are as dead as my laptop.

That just about right?

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you tried?

3. Fastidious Reader

Reputations:
    Well this will mark week 2 since the unit failed and my trying every method available to attempt some sort of contact during their business hours. Or leaving any messages in general.

Left one in Facebook Messages, found an email address back before when contact was reliable with them and sent an email. Called their phone number and left a message. Been calling just about daily just to see if anyone would pick up. Nothing.
    Any idea on how to proceed would of help.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  4. Fastidious Reader

Reputations:
    Still no responses seeing the pattern of those attempting to get something done this is all a lost cause.

Which isn't a good thing considering cost and how behind the ball I'm now on work.

Also made me hesitant to look into future purchases from other builders what's the point of buying unit and a warranty from someone that isn't there anymore. Ending up out a few hundred more bucks I just couldn't have spent. Which is terrible since otherwise the units are perfect for being a mobile workstation and entrainment system.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Other resellers could look into paid repairs but there is a risk with the smaller resellers sadly.

6. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Let this be a lesson for you. Don't buy clevo and get something like MSI etc. instead. that way you don't have to deal with this garbage,

7. Fastidious Reader

Reputations:
    Which is a shame as at the time purchase Mythlogic was pretty on the ball. Responsive to emails and inquiries good at responding to post purchase emails and situations on the build.

Then they fell apart over the last year or so it seems.

Shame as they were the most regional builder around the Great Lakes area and had been around for long time. Guess things happen.

To ask what would the rate be for such a repair? Judging by where the smoke and fire was it was the power button board assembly that burned out.

8. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It depends on the damage, if the mainboard is fried it can be rather pricey.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I could not say without the unit being inspected, it really depends on what has been damaged, if it's a simple secondary PCB then not too much, if it's the motherboard then that's certainly more expensive.

10. Fastidious Reader

Reputations:
    Roughly what magnitude of expense would one be looking at? From the minor catastrophic to major catastrophic?