Dragon Center update possible?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by 7leagueboot, May 21, 2021.

1. 7leagueboot

7leagueboot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a GT73VR 7RE running Dragon Center v1.2.1705.3101 which, in terms of keyboard LED control, is absolutely useless. When I first received this machine 2 days ago it had a very different Dragon Center installed which gave full lighting control over each individual key and allowed you to change the speed of lighting FX. Unfortunately, I had to reinstall Windows to get rid of the previous owner's profile and since then the Dragon Center that was reinstalled is this piece of junk.

I can see no option for updating drivers and MSI software within the PC so I am asking you more experienced guys how I can get an improved version of this Dragon Center and update my other drivers as the recovery USB that came with the machine is almost 3 years old?

2. DimiGold

DimiGold Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    To be honest its not possible to have a per key light control on gt73 since it has 3 zone rgb keyboard. Im running dragon center 2.6.2005.0601 and its not really worth it since it has only overcloking options, fan speed and so on... I have msi gt73vr 7re. Since you got yours as a used one probobly the previous owner did some modes to it. I dt think so that he swapped perkey rgb keyboard since it has different connectors and it will not work on gt73. But maybe he wrote some script or did some mode to the software thats why it was working different. Just in case here is screenshots from dragon center 2 from the internet [​IMG]

3. NeXt3R

NeXt3R Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    possitible when use direct installation
    but not recommended ! DC contains some custom setup in bios or for system
    6-7TH -1.2.x.x
    8-9TH- 2.6-x-x \ some is UWP 2.0.x

edit ,.,.for 6-7TH
    is best remove all MSI bloatware ! ,.,.SCM + optional for fan in SILENT OPTION
    all others app - directly

no need this broken SW :)

4. NeXt3R

Reputations:
    keyboard customize is STEEL SERIES APP or FN + 1 or 2 or 3 or steel hwkey "next keyboard profiles"
    DC not contains nothing useful""cpu profiles only"

7TH or 6TH CPU no need profile limit ""for GT series"" ,..,4/8CPU --possitible run all time on max ! "oem is 75A" and cooling is very strong here

others SW updates here on forum ,..,last posts "my GT75 7re" compatible HW
    install what need ,.all is tested now on 21h1

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  5. 7leagueboot

Reputations:
    That interface doesn't look anything like mine. The one I have is really basic. If I install that, will it at least give me control over FX speed so I can speed up the wave effect? The Steelseries software doesn't do anything if you are not using the PC to play games with.

@NeXt3R,
    I'm really sorry my friend but I cannot understand anything you said.
    For example, you said "keyboard customize is STEEL SERIES APP or FN + 1 or 2 or 3 or steel hwkey "next keyboard profiles""
    FN +1, 2, or 3 do nothing. The Steelseries app gives me no control over the lighting FX. I cannot find steel hwkey, probably because I don't know what it is. And the only keyboard profiles I can create have to be associated with games. As I do not play games, or very rarely, I doubt I will ever need to create a profile.

6. DimiGold

DimiGold Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    To be honest best way is to contact the previous owner and ask him about mods or modifications that he did to the laptop. I tryed to find mods for RGB lights but no luck since its a 3 zone rgb. Per-key lights will not work on GT73.

7. 7leagueboot

Reputations:
    I can't. I bought it from a reseller so European law prevents him from providing details of the person he purchased it from.

8. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    The per-key RGB actually worked? As a former GT73VR owner that sounds pretty surprising as the laptop isn't supposed to have that functionality.

You can check fo GT73VR 7RE drivers/software on MSI's site here. I can already see that Dragon Center 1.2.1910.3101 is available for download.

I would re-download Steelseries Engine and everything from there.

9. NeXt3R

Reputations:
    Keyboard Backlight Keyboard (Full-Color)
    GT73VR 7RE

what need ?? colors STEEL SERIES app + custom config
    inside is info about shortcut ??? "oem profiles"

HWkey -right panel STEELSERIES ICON ??
    in defaults -next profile switch

or not have
    GT73VR 7RE ?

edit
    https://steelseries.com/engine
    for light customize - keyboard + touch

edit 2
    oem DC this
    https://preview.redd.it/1hzyx1pal6b...bp&s=fb640b2c57b80c5e1acff8d9c17d9b947289fd69

app customization .,.,or what need "bindings // color setup"
    Bez názvu.png

set what you need ,,,no one uses an OEM for a fully adjustable keyboard ??
    :D

oem is 3 profiles .,,.colorshift "all colors" // white + effect // WSAD -static color
    set CUSTOM

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  10. NeXt3R

Reputations:
    repair -- this not works on last SW 3.20
    for profile switch must use APP directly
    hwkey -not works
    or FN + 1 .,.,2,.,.3 "shortcut" -not works

CUSTOM SETUP
    set custom profile
    hwkey - for open app menu ?? STEEL SERIES "SteelSeriesEngine3Client" or any key
    and must you change profiles only inside APP

this now not works like OLD oem ,sorry "bad info" above