1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

downloading torrent to external hard drive

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by 660hpv12, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 660hpv12

660hpv12 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    bit off topic, but I think the knowledgeable "geeks" here can help me out. Downloading some torrents to my external hard drive directly. the drive was called the "F" when I started. but a few plug and play later, the same drive was recognized in a different name "G" now all the torrent path are messed up, I cannot resume download or upload. help? btw using utorrent

2. nizzy1115

nizzy1115 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    you can change the path of the torrent and it will find it and continue the download. i dont remember exactly where because i dont use that program.

3. atbnet

atbnet Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Options>Preferences>Directories and then you can set where it puts the downloads. You may have to restart the torrent file from scratch and then it'll just run its check and then resume.

4. livesoft

livesoft BUSTED

Reputations:
    1- Plug the hard drive
    2- Change the path of the correct download directory
    3- Right-click your download and click "Force re-check"

µTorrent should check the integrety of the file and your download should resume.

To prevent this from happening again, download your torrents on your local hard drive then copy them over the external when its finished like I do. Or you could try and assign a permanent drive letter to the external hard drive under "Computer management > Disk Management":

[​IMG]