Download Chi Mei N173HHE-G32 Spyder5Elite+ Calibration Profile

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Spartan, Jul 27, 2018.

1. TheShrike

TheShrike Newbie

Reputations:
    New user to the site and took Phoenix recommendations to go with Don at HIDEvolution. Would like to contact Phoenix but apparently I'm in newbie hell? I think I'll post a new topic so I don't hijack this thread but wanted to throw up a notification. =)

2. DevanteWeary

DevanteWeary Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for this post. Very helpful!

I have an MSI GT73VR that I got for HIDEvolution.
    I paid for the color calibration.

I'm now comparing these against the one I got from HIDEvolution as well as the one build into Windows 10 called sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

Let me say I appreciate what you've done. This isn't critique but more of me trying to understand things.

Your profiles are definitely easier on the eyes, but have a noticeable red/orange hue/overlay over everything.

The one from HIDEvolution has more vibrant colors, but kind of a blueish hue.

The built-in Windows one looks good but is too bright.

I guess I'm just wondering what the consensus is on what people want.

3. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Once you eyes get used to it, you won't notice that orangy/warm hue. HIDevolution use an X-Rite Calibrator if I am not mistaken whereas I use the Spider5 Elite

4. Beemo

Beemo BGA is totally TSK TSK!

Reputations:

After 1 week of using this ICC profile I must say that it reduces the eyestrain to a minimum level. Before I have to constantly switched between night mode and sRGB but now I don't have to. This ICC Profile of yours is an all-rounder and most of all it's free to download. I have to pay $50 to resellers to have the screen calibrated for me but thank goodness that we have the same exact screen. So thanks again!

Spartan likes this.
  5. Beemo

Beemo BGA is totally TSK TSK!

Reputations:
    Anyone knows how to make the ICC Profile stick during fullscreen gaming?

6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yours doesn't stick? Did you follow Phoenix's guide to apply the setting?

Spartan likes this.
  7. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    wilpang and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  8. Kbird

Kbird Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for posting the Profiles Phoenix , I have the same Screen in my GP73-8RE (120mhz) and I find it way too bright OOB at over 220cd/m , so I started looking around for .icc files and found your Thread but like others I also have the yellowish overtones with them, but I am unsure if you leave you Intel Graphics Properties at Defaults as far as Color and Contrast or if you adjust R_G_B individually etc 1st and then run the Profiling, as I did try doing my own and it is a bit better, but my eyes aren't liking this Panel for some reason and I am not sure if it is the Brightness or possibly the PWM of the LED at low brightness settings.

I am not used to doing this on Laptops, but use DisplayCal (worth the free Download - below) and a Xrite i1Display2 on my Desktop Monitors which are IPS and the new 32" a VA panel and it works great ( VA down to 18% brightness), but the laptop screen seems different in some regard , so I'm having a few issues with this TN Panel. I actually have to turn the laptops brightness down to 26 to reach the normal 120 cd/m, so if you have any ideas that would be great.

https://displaycal.net/

9. Solid Eye

Solid Eye Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Exactly! I almost bought a colormitry just to do this! this is pure gold! how can I ever thank you enough! THANK YOU!

I've one question: why the low has very cold/bluish tune to it? what do you use?

I'm using the high profile, and compared to my calibrated screen it looks so good. I'm so overwhelmed for saving me almost a 100$!

also, do you increase Nvidia driver's Digital Vibrance? and I've noticed some games on full screen disables the profile for some reason

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  10. Meddylad

Meddylad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations: