DOWN WITH IPOD!!! Pocket PC Way Better!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AdvidG, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdvidG

AdvidG Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sir Andrew,
    No, I cannot....nor would I want one. What would be the need for a 10GB Pocket Pc? Ok...It would be cool. But, it's just not necessary. They work wonders without them.
    Also..It would cost more than a laptop?!

drunkentyger...Good Show!
    9 cd's, An Ipod, a $25 gift card and only had to pay $60...dude! You are a pimp!
    If I were getting one free....I wouldn't be *****ing so much.

2. drunkentyger

drunkentyger Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    <blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by AdvidG

drunkentyger...Good Show!
    9 cd's, An Ipod, a $25 gift card and only had to pay $60...dude! You are a pimp!
    If I were getting one free....I wouldn't be *****ing so much.
    <hr height='1' noshade id='quote'></font id='quote'></blockquote id='quote'>

I cant tell if thats sarcasm, or if your for real....

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  3. mathlete2001

mathlete2001 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My point is that you can't store much music on a pocket pc.

* Inspiron 8600c * 1.8ghz Pentium M * 128 MB Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo * 2x512 MB DDR2700 SDRAM * 60GB 7200RPM HDD *

4. AdvidG

Reputations:
    Well, sir Andrew
    My point is how MUCH music can one listen to in a normal work day?
    I'll bet a 1GB SD card of your favorites would be more than enough a run, workout, and whatever else. That would even provide a little room for some data storage.

Sir drunkentyger,
    I was being quite sincere. Please enjoy your good fortune. [;)]

Also: Just announced by Apple. They have Under $200 Ipod with a built-in storage chip instead of a harddrive in the works, as well as a $500 laptop.

Link:
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2005-01-09-apple-usat_x.htm

You know...This could be the end my *****ing[:D]

5. mathlete2001

mathlete2001 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The problem i found with my flash MP3 player is that there'd be a song i wanted someone to hear, or i wanted to listen to, but it's on my computer so i have to transfer it again. Even though it can hold 8 hours of music or so, you won't always have access to all of your songs.

* Inspiron 8600c * 1.8ghz Pentium M * 128 MB Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo * 2x512 MB DDR2700 SDRAM * 60GB 7200RPM HDD *

6. AdvidG

Reputations:
    Yea. Your right about that.
    You I don't know If it was because of Napster and others or not but...
    Music to me has just become more disposable. I tire of it more rapidly now it seems. Especially popular music. I can listen to a song 5 times...then I hate it and gets dumped on a storage drive. It's hard to pick out just the right songs your going to want to hear later sometimes. So I guess with 10Gbs of music, it would make it...easier?

7. Ballin4life

Ballin4life Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually, I'm kinda in the middle here. Ipods are very cool...especially the photo (you can find cheap ones at cnet.com)...pda's have the movie, photo, and apps, but i dont really need the apps THAT much. but what would really be good is like a good 40, 60, and 80 (and even 20 would be good if they werent ipod type that you could actually get 4000 songs more with dell dj20 than the 20 gig ipod or ipod u2) (yes, archos does have an 80) models of mp3 players, movies, photos, and games.Why i say it would be good is because obviously none have been out yet, but the PSP comes really close. From the CES Videos, it seems that it can do movies photos, etc...(it looked like it had a browser home menu just like ps2). The only thing though is that the PSP has very minimal space. If only the world was nice and co-operative, then Microsoft, Sony, and Apple could kick it together to make a PSP that was part Xbox (pretty much only so they could make Halo 2 on it) and also for the HD (except 40 60 or 80 gb, not 6 or 8 like xbox), Sony could build it and use their ultrasmall format (their 40 gb ipod photo equivelant holds 26,000 songs), and Apple could give it the good looks and a very popular tool with Itunes. That would be cool.

8. Ballin4life

Reputations:
    but seriously though, i don't think any person would really need 26,000 songs, that's probably enough to last the whole day. I don't think people listen to music ALL day.

9. Ballin4life

Reputations:
    then again, though, 20 gb-9000 songs would do wonders, i mean its not like you're ever going to fill it up, and who really has the time and money to fill up an entire 15,000 song or 26,000 song player. You have to afford a Mercedes to afford that, infact you could get a Mercedes for that Price (the cheap ones).

10. AdvidG

Reputations:
    "Cheap"? Then sir...It is NOT a Mercedes.
    I guess the Ipod will be known for ushering in a new breed of mobile devices. But truely it was the Pocket Pc and Mp3 player craze that began it. What will come, as you suggest will be beyond imagination. The new Playstation mobile device: The 'PSP' and many other devices are just a hint of this future. 'Andrew' might have had it right. A Pocket Pc with an 80Gb harddrive, The 'OQO' or something like it. I could see a future for these. A laptop in your pocket. Now, that's worth paying $500+ for....not a (old format) music player/storage unit/picture viewer.

Ballin4life... I predict the 'Pod' will become the next 8-Track player. In less then five years...It'll be in a box; dust covered in the attic. It's not the future...just a poor detraction from it.

Link:
    http://www.game-machines.com/news/110703/sony-psp.php

http://www.oqo.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.