Dota 2 Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Alias, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    The reason why I went Vanguard is I start Riki off with 3 branches, stout shield, tango and salve. I build into Ring of Health immediately, so next item is instinctively Vanguard. Biggest reason why I got Vanguard was their Spirit Breaker was pretty fed, and proc'd his passive Bash quite a bit. There were times I got chain disabled and trust me Vanguard saved me plenty of times. Sure it's not a typical Riki build, but it was a build that kept me farming til I got Diffusal Blade to start ganking and I grew out of control. I got Vlad end game.

I do safe builds, I'd rather do a safe build, except for like Bloodseeker which I am accustomed to playing on the edge.

2. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    Haha made me dejavu Bad Boys :p living on the edge oh god, too gangster man too gangster

3. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    Well the reason why I say living on the edge is Bloodseeker falls off REALLY fast mid game if you don't gank hard and level up fast. There's not much time to farm unless you go for a Radiance build, and I think it's a dumb build. You should go stout shield, Force Staff, Sange and Yasha, Skullbasher, Butterfly, etc.

4. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    Yeah he does... although some people just snowball early to actually make him viable mid which really amazes me- I personally cannot do that though

5. TheArnski

TheArnski Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Finally played the diretide event yesterday. It's actually pretty fun because it takes out the normalcy of the game. Instead of staying in lane to farm, which actually has no point in that game mode, you and your team can roam right away and try to snag a kill or try and raid the enemy bucket. You don't necessarily go for your normal item builds or even skill builds. I just had a good time with it.

I ended up going with SK because I wanted someone that was really tanky, can hit erally hard, and I wanted the added bonus of his reincarnation. It worked out to our advantage because during team fights, the other team would focus me down because I had candy on me, like literally use all their ults and stuff, but then after they killed me, the rest of my team easily peeled them apart and then I'd reincarnate with all my candy and finish anyone off and turn the candy in. Good times.....except for when we were fighting roshan. Our Chen was such a troll...he'd keep sending us back to base whenever his CD was up. The other team's Pudge kept hooking people from a distance and he raided our bucket, go SO MUCH candy and placed them around roshan...which did nothing other than some of us accidentally clicking on them and making us weaker for the fight. Got two items though, pretty happy.

6. ajreynol

ajreynol Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Does anyone else have an issue where their "High Shadows" setting results in shadows that look like this pixelated mess?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have smooth shadows at High (that don't look ty like mine do), you may be able to help. According to this thread, sharing your cfg folder (zipping it up and uploading it) can/may resolve the issue.

If you don't mind helping a brotha out, PM me. I'd need you to zip up the "cfg" folder (Steam --> steamapps --> common --> dota2beta --> dota) and upload it to dropbox/mediafire/wherever.

7. Catan

Catan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I see. Yea usually i pick Riki against DPS-reliant heros like void and naix but if the team has some major single-target nukers in the mix get Linkens (from the RoH) rather than SnY. I find the mobility of SnY is usually good enough to evade/chase those hard carries...

8. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    Riki is too easy to counter. Counter-gank early with dust/sentrys and GG Riki.

9. TheArnski

TheArnski Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When you play riki in pubs though, 9 times out of 10, you don't need to worry about getting countered with dust/sentries. At least for the part of the bell-curve we're all on, everyone's too stubborn to buy that early on, only to buy it later in the game where riki is already farmed and dangerous.

10. Tree_Burner

Tree_Burner Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Very true. I love laning against riki (or Broodmother, or BH) early cause it's fun to score a free kill and then keep them away from the farm. people in our skill level don't know what to do when that happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.