Don't trust evgasr2 he be a scammer mon!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Questions and Member Feedback' started by cuban11182, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuban11182

cuban11182 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mods hopefully this is in the right location. I've already spoken with ALLURGROCERIES on the matter. We have contacted paypal, and I've given him 1.5 hours to return my funds before I contact the FBI.

For the rest of you here is the occurance.

I have a G73JH that I planned on getting a 7970M for. I contacted both SOSA and EVGASR2 about some information on a card that was listed in eBay. Alfath (evgasr2) told me he would sell me one for $460. I thought it was a good price, plus he was trying to help me so I thought I would help him. I paid him to two paypal account, one for $350 and one for $120. Right after I paid him I received a PM from a member here linking me to the M17 thread where he may have scammed some other members. I instantly disputed the $350. He reassurred me that he was honest and sent me a picture of the card with my name and his name on a piece of paper. I figured all was good, but I wasn't about to close my dispute.

This morning I looked at the dispute as someone had responded. The man who responded stated that it appeared that what was happening is that he was selling the card and that Alfath was selling it to me.....but how did he show me a picture of the card? Hmmmm.

So I contacted Alfath and told him it was one of the two: he had the card and was sending me his and replacing his with the $350 card (earning $120) OR he was going to tell the person selling the card to send it to me (still earning $120). He admitted that he was doing the first one and called me "smart"....well thank you.

So I contacted Allurgroceries and let him know and he is also contacting Paypal and I have as well.

I don't want to slander anyone and I have all the document to prove everything that I've discussed here. Please be careful when you deal with anyone. Your money is hard earned and you don't want to have it take from you. Paypal reassured me that they will handle it. I will also contact my back and the FBI.

Some websites to assist you in case something like this happens:

IC3.GOV
    Fraud.org
    econsumer.gov

2. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The situation with evgasr2 is unfortunate and I have just banned him permanently. No explanation should be required, but I would like to post some hopefully helpful comments.

Under no circumstances should you purchase an item without a proof of ownership picture with the seller's username in it. Pictures can be faked, so make sure it looks real and ask for more pics when in doubt.

Notebookreview cannot protect anyone on the marketplace; our powers are limited to deleting things that break the rules. Any transactions conducted entirely via private messaging do not give us the opportunity to make our normal checks, and it does not give the community an opportunity to point out any potential problems.

So do not trust any members that come on here and PM you about this or that for sale. Ask them to make a legitimate for-sale thread and have the community scrutinize it.

We greatly appreciate any reports of marketplace listings (or posters) that violate the marketplace rules and we will respond as quickly as possible.

3. cuban11182

Reputations:
    Just got my $120 back from him. Now waiting for the $350 from the unknowing party.

4. UltraGSM

UltraGSM ...so many Alienwares...

Reputations:
    this is terrible !!! I felt stink from my thransaction at the first 15 minutes and it took over two weeks actually to get all my funds back, and yet lately he accused me scam and fraud! how hilarious is that?! You are so lucky you got some money already, sure thing if you did not pay by paypal gift or other personal payment option youre safe and make sure you will escalate case from paypal dispute to claim to shake things up to make it happen quicker.

In a time to pass I believe there will be more people complaining about him because all this time since my issue has begun I checked his profile status he was most time private messaging, maybe fishing for some "bargain to be sold to some easy victims"

Stick always has two ends, and what goes around comes around, karma will get him one day, thats for sure

best of luck with you getting your remaining money back, dont back down

5. cuban11182

Reputations:
    Well the idiot didn't realize that he didn't have to refund the money that was sent as a gift. So when I told him that I was contacting the FBI (which I'm doing right now) he instantly tucked tail and ran. Funny thing is, he doesn't realize that he didn't have to return the money.

You reading this from your work computer evgasr2? How you like them apples?

And I just contacted the FBI....but you know that because I sent you proof!

6. cuban11182

Reputations:
  7. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    I just do not understand some people.

Hopefully everything will work out just fine, thanks for the thread.

8. ericcea

ericcea Newbie

Reputations:
    He still not refunded my $335. What can I do with this?

9. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    If you sent it as a gift, and you didn't pay with a credit card but bank funds then you are basically out $335.

If you sent it as a gift but used a credit card, it never hurts to appeal to your credit card and file a dispute. Make sure to explain
    the situation in writing very clearly and include ALL documentation including the posts here, paypal, email, messages, etc.... and make
    sure to reference similar cases/claims and see what they can or will do.

10. cuban11182

Reputations:
    I was told by paypal that if it was paid with bank you may want to contact your bank.

edit*
    ericcea I was told that they just sent you back your money, is that true?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.